Talk

Advanced search

Has anybody gone for indigo paint? I'm looking for recommendations for a beautiful mid indigo.

(7 Posts)
Riverland Fri 24-Oct-14 11:38:40

And what did you use with it? White paintwork, and old white painted furniture, I'm thinking.

Elvish Fri 24-Oct-14 20:32:34

Ohhhh, bump!

No advice but since I got the most recent Laura Ashley catalogue I've had the urge to paint our living room dark indigo /navy.

I'm not sure if it's too cold a tone for a main room, will it be too dark?

Sorry I'm not helping am I?! grin

Truelymadlysleepy Sat 25-Oct-14 10:25:42

I've used Drawing Room Blue in a bedroom; oak floors, white woodwork, white furniture. It looks fine at night but a bit gloomy in daylight.

daffyd Wed 05-Nov-14 23:36:58

Painted bedroom feature wall in dulux sapphire springs 2 , gorgeous deep indigo.

Nepotism Thu 06-Nov-14 15:00:38

I'm doing the same to my bathroom. My only advice is don't go for Stiffkey Blue, it's too greeny although a lovely colour. I'm keeping F and B afloat with my daily purchase of testers

BlueChampagne Thu 06-Nov-14 20:58:21

We had an indigo bedroom in our old house, with white woodwork, stripped varnished floor and gold stars sprayed on the ceiling. Very restful.

Sadly I have no idea what the paint was called but as I painted it years ago, it might not be available anymore anyway. Should I remember, I'll pop back.

MollyBdenum Thu 06-Nov-14 21:01:24

I was going to go for Stiffkey Blue in my kitchen, but I have a slight preference for teal over indigo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now