Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone pls recommend where to buy bedroom furniture?

(19 Posts)
NigellasGuest Wed 15-Oct-14 17:56:37

I know there are loads of places but I can't see the wood for the trees now!

It's for a small bedroom which already has a bed. Just need a small wardrobe and chest of drawers - good quality, not Homebase etc. and ideally NOT flatpack.

Does anyone know of any nice online shops?

Ragwort Wed 15-Oct-14 18:08:17

John Lewis?

Assume you don't want Ikea but we got some very nice bedroom furniture from there, and paid someone to assemble it grin.

littleomar Wed 15-Oct-14 18:10:06

Warren Evans. £££ but lovely.

JuniperTisane Wed 15-Oct-14 18:12:29

We just got a decent quality bed for DS1 from oakfurnitureland in a half price sale which they seem to do about 4 times a year. Good customer service.

May09Bump Wed 15-Oct-14 18:20:04

M&S - quite expensive (but often 20% 0ff). They built mine for free. The wardrobe was flat packed and the drawers were brought through assembled. Excellent build service, really polite and very clean / quick.

Do not get any furniture delivered by John Lewis - they have been awful with my garden furniture. I don't know what has gone wrong but they seem to have split the deliveries from customer service. They are not putting notes on accounts when you phone up. Took me weeks to get faulty thing returned.

DMalaprop Wed 15-Oct-14 18:50:23

We have nice John Lewis furniture and a couple of nice M&S pieces.

yomellamoHelly Wed 15-Oct-14 19:29:13

Warren Evans, Feather & Black, M&S, Aspace, GLTC, John Lewis ....

NigellasGuest Thu 16-Oct-14 16:56:45

thank you for helping me feel a bit more focused! Weirdly I hadn't thought of John Lewis or M&S - so I have been browsing their selections. I think GLTC and Aspace are more for kids' furniture? Will look at Warren Evans, Feather & Black...... thanks

ouryve Thu 16-Oct-14 17:00:30

M&S, Laura Ashley, Next (avoid "painted" finishes from either of the last two) all do good quality furniture - some Next is flatpack, some isn't, but the flatpack is good quality and easier to manoeuvre into a smaller space than pre-built. Look at independent furniture stores, too. Barker and Stonehouse, up here in the NE do some fabulous stuff.

Tiptops Thu 16-Oct-14 18:37:32

This company sell lovely solid wood furniture, not flimsy tat.

amothersplaceisinthewrong Thu 16-Oct-14 18:41:40

John Lewis do good stuff, we have quite a bit of furniture from there including two fab large chest of drawers. Admittedly they were £700 earch but they replaced a chest of drawers we had had for nigh on 25 years. So we probably won't be replacing these again!

mycatlikestwiglets Thu 16-Oct-14 19:28:34

Not Laura Ashley - their customer service when something goes wrong is appalling (but I should disclose I'm currently suing them - long thread in AIBU about how awful they are!)

MrsMarigold Thu 16-Oct-14 19:31:59

Where are you? I know some good places in London. Or have you looked at auctions? What's your style?

fasterkillpussycat Thu 16-Oct-14 19:34:49

Cotswold Company sell nice stuff but we have had problems with deliveries both times we ordered from them. It has really put me off them.

Blackeyez09 Thu 16-Oct-14 19:59:48

Homesense! Have some nice unusual original things... You don't often see the same thing twice which is nice but you need to look regularly

NigellasGuest Sat 18-Oct-14 10:47:09

Oh lots of great suggestions to get me started again - I'm North of London MrsMarigold and London is very accessible, but I really don't have the time to trawl round different shops and much prefer to get this sorted online.

Homesense is a revelation to me - looks very exciting - but again, I would have to go to a branch I think. The nearest one to me seems to be Watford. Definitely something to bear in mind for the future.

Style-wise - I'm just looking for something classic, and reasonable quality. The bedroom is small and currently used by my 14 year old DD but at some stage she will move to a different bedroom and of course will leave home in the not too distant future to go to Uni or whatever.

I hope I don't bore everyone to death by starting a new thread about carpets - that's something else I need to get my head around before Christmas.....

Thank you for all your input - MN as usual is my main source if information and inspiration!!

Katej0912 Fri 11-Nov-16 01:23:43

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

cestlavielife Fri 11-Nov-16 10:35:21

heartland interiors comes ready built and great service you can choose finishes colours and they will make to measure too for not much more

heartland-interiors.co.uk/

BowiesJumper Fri 11-Nov-16 11:09:03

M&S furniture is great. We have their drawers, very well made.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now