Talk

Advanced search

Holsworthy Devon - anyone know it?

(8 Posts)
fussychica Tue 09-Sep-14 18:52:17

I know it's got a Waitrose and is pretty close to the coast but little else. Anyone live in the area who can tell me what it's like?

fussychica Wed 10-Sep-14 10:16:35

bump

DaisyFlowerRose Sun 07-Dec-14 13:36:54

Its a nice little town, Friendly people, it has a big waitrose & local co op, another shop is coming in, in the next year... not sure what supermarket. A few pubs, banks, charity shops, factory shop & hairdressers & beauticians. Park, swimming pool, Dentist, Optitions, Hospital, medical centre & 2 Gyms. A frequent bus route to bude, okehampton, halwill, Exeter & Barnstaple. Plymouth on saturdays mornings. Has a local nursery, primary & secondary school. A nice little town in the countryside. Look it up on google maps but might be not as updated.

DaisyFlowerRose Sun 07-Dec-14 13:38:13

If you have anymore questions, feel free to message me.

cece Sun 07-Dec-14 13:41:40

I know it but never lived there. I am not sure what the school is like now but I went to school (in another Devon town nearby) and loads of kids used to bus to my school as I believe the secondary school wasn't very well thought of then. However, I am talking early 1980s so it may very well have changed.

fussychica Sun 07-Dec-14 14:52:36

Thank you both - I am still interested but haven't seen anything suitable there. Schools are of no importance anymore as I am a wrinkly - sounds like my kind of place!

LL12 Sun 07-Dec-14 20:16:07

I went on holiday close to there, I remember the charity shops were like a time warp but it did have a very good fish and chip shop.

cece Sun 07-Dec-14 23:41:24

I can offer advice on Okehampton.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now