We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cost of tiling (labour) per day in Brighton area?

(6 Posts)
pippop1 Fri 05-Sep-14 11:41:25

Any tilers around? Can anyone tell me what I would expect to pay for two days work tiling part of a small bathroom please? It's a modern flat so nice straight walls.

Room is already tiled half way up in plain white but needs the rest of it done to the ceiling to enable using a shower over the bath. Tiler said to buy ten square meters of tiles for the space and that it will take two days. No window in the room so not too tricky.

I'm planing on fairly large tiles if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

ThunderboltKid Fri 05-Sep-14 15:10:34

We recently paid £200 for above bath tiling (on 3 sides) to ceiling. It was about a day and a half. Our tiler was amazing and I think that was a reasonably price. (We're just outside of brighton)

ThunderboltKid Fri 05-Sep-14 15:11:28

(Ours were metro tiles, so yours may be quicker to lay)

pippop1 Fri 05-Sep-14 15:24:28

That sounds really good. Have been quoted £550 plus vat but includes grout and putting up a mirror. It seemed way too much.

pippop1 Fri 05-Sep-14 15:29:06

I've sent you a private message ThunderboltKid.

pippop1 Mon 15-Sep-14 17:49:16

Just to let you all know that ThunderboltKid kindly provided me with details of the tiler. My son has had a estimate for the work and is going ahead.

The power of Mumsnet is amazing (and my son was impressed too).

Thank you ThunderboltKid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now