Talk

Advanced search

Contemporary kitchens - rotpunkt

(24 Posts)
MaryShelley Thu 03-Jul-14 17:49:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
Pinkfizzy Thu 03-Jul-14 21:04:17

My pockeys aren't deep enough. The two or three that I've seen in mags were c. 40k...

Pinkfizzy Thu 03-Jul-14 21:04:39

pockets!

kmdesign Fri 04-Jul-14 07:28:37

Rotpunkt are grossly overpriced for the quality. Similar quality from Hacker or Schuller will cost atleast 15-20% less Equally, similarly priced products such as Leicht are much better quality and detail

SonT Fri 04-Jul-14 10:17:12

we have one - and it was fitted recently

It's a kashmir coloured handleless one - the kitchen is 5m x 5m, couple of wall cupboards, an entire wall of 8ft high cupboards, massive island. All covered with a nice granite worktop. Double sink, couple of appliances etc.

It's lovely. Very nice indeed. Very good quality drawers and cupboards

About 16k

Lelivre Fri 04-Jul-14 10:56:36

Took a look, love them. Beyond my means boohoo

sh77 Fri 04-Jul-14 12:08:44

There is a stockist in Essex whose prices are amazing. I got several quotes I will find the name. He was very professional to deal with. I didn't buy from him as we decided not to redo our kitchen.

sh77 Fri 04-Jul-14 12:13:52

Walker Blakely. Send your plans to 5 or 6 stockists for quotes. Also look at ex display.

Lelivre Fri 04-Jul-14 12:43:08

Do you think it is possible to buy just the doors from these German companies and use a solid but affordable carcass to keep costs down but get a sleek designer quality look?

kmdesign Fri 04-Jul-14 13:17:28

German suppliers work of providing a complete package that includes preassembles units, with handles and plinths. You can buy loose doors but the prices dont stack up then.

In any case, the cost of the doors is a big part of the overall unit price and the bit that makes a kitchen last is the quality of the carcases. The doors make it look nicer.

You will be surprised how competitive some German suppliers can be - not Howdens prices but very competitive for the quality.

MaryShelley Fri 04-Jul-14 17:33:06

MaryShelley Fri 04-Jul-14 17:34:04

kmdesign Fri 04-Jul-14 18:16:58

Yes Beeck will be a similar product and also similar money I would have thought. Try and find a Hacker dealer locally. Should give you a better price.

MaryShelley Fri 04-Jul-14 18:37:14

Pinkfizzy Fri 04-Jul-14 20:55:57

I had the same problem with Hacker, but when I googled Hacker kitchen, images, I came up with loads of Hacker kitchen pictures which were attached to the kitchen showroom that had uploaded them. This led me to a couple of nearby-ish (45 mi drive) showrooms.

dulwichdad Thu 16-Oct-14 07:34:02

If you want hacker go to dulwich design kitchens in grove vale. Se22. They do these kitchens.

jamierogers123 Fri 05-May-17 21:03:41

Just seen the comments regarding RotPunkt kitchens. We got ours from Walker Blakeley in Brentwood. They were excellent in the planning and we are just in the middle of having it installed and couldn't be any happier. The quality is superb, so strong and sturdy. We have gone for Kashmir with a Sherwood Grey island and it is all looking amazing. The fitter has built a floating ceiling. Can't wait now to get it finished and move back into it .

Firestorm333rd Thu 23-Nov-17 11:54:54

I bought a Rotpunkt kitchen 5 years ago, a Zimmer Kitchen, from a company called 3D Kitchens in Wakefield (since closed/ changed names/ liquidated). When it was fitted it was beautiful, part ex-display and part new from the manufacturer in Germany (so we were told).
The doors and drawers are a high gloss foil wrap finish, 5 years on all 16 foil wrap doors and drawers have de-laminated and the foil plastic wrap has come away. The manufacturer have shown little interest in the problem and want me to pull the units out to look for a yellow sticker to identify them, despite the paperwork stating what it is. I could go down the legal route but I want to sell my house so I am having to pay for the doors to be professionally painted, at significant expense.
I wouldn't recommend them or buy anything from them ever again.

DOLLYDAYDREAMER Thu 23-Nov-17 20:06:04

We have a Kuhlmann kitchen. 8 years old now but still good. Its a mixture of gloss doors and wood effect ends. Their head office is in Leeds but think they have quite a few dealers spread around

Butterflytown Tue 30-Jun-20 18:29:48

@Firestorm333rd just curious, did you resolve this issue with rotpunkt? Exactly the same thing happened with some of our rotpunkt gloss units within 3 years of installation. They were replaced but have done the same again within 9 months. It’s only under counter ones not wall units and I just don’t understand why especially as it’s only some. It was our dream kitchen and certainly not cheap so I’m pretty gutted! X

Firestorm333rd Tue 30-Jun-20 20:27:20

Unfortunately not. The delamination was apparently due to the type of adhesive used at the time of manufacture and the process is no longer the same, but the manufacturer's weren't interested and the suppliers liquidated. The new company at the old suppliers address (same directors as the original suppliers) were more than happy to quote for replacing the doors 😂😂.
I ended up re-glueing the foils myself, then sold the house. The new owner then accidentally set the kitchen on fire and ended up ripping the kitchen out.

Butterflytown Tue 30-Jun-20 21:26:56

Ah thanks so much for replying. Did your doors basically ‘bubble’ along the bottom? I can’t believe that the replacements have done it within 9 months. It’s a very sturdy kitchen and I’m otherwise very pleased with it, but clearly there is something going wrong with the doors. The initial cupboards were installed in 2016 so might have had the adhesive issue I guess, but the replacements were late 2019 so sounds like that won’t be it. It’s just so frustrating as I don’t understand what’s causing it and I have no confidence it won’t happen again. It was a lot of money and we’ve taken really good care of it. I expect more from any kitchen never mind a higher end one. We paid a lot for what we thought was good quality.

Firestorm333rd Tue 30-Jun-20 22:59:21

I would pursue it with them. They may have provided the replacements from old stock manufactured at the same time as the original kitchen. The problem is the glue that dries out due to hear in kitchens, which was much cheaper than alternatives and to my mind makes them unfit for the intended purpose. They usually bind round the edges of the doors with a thicker plastic strip to try to prevent it happening on more recent doors.

Firestorm333rd Tue 30-Jun-20 23:03:53

I also think the shrink wrap foil covering continues to shrink slightly and that seems to push the cover off the door and it just gets gradually worse , unfortunately. I would never have another kitchen with foil wrap doors. It looks fantastic new but awful if it goes wrong.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »