Talk

Advanced search

It looks like we should extend, rather than consider moving. Any tips? Any advice? What would you do differently second time around?

(4 Posts)
ITCouldBeWorse Sat 05-Apr-14 19:07:14

I know I've always learnt by experience. It occurs to me, it would be better to learn from MN!

We have separate kitchen, dining room, sitting rooms and a conservatory, (all too small!) and quite like open plan designs, but we are aware the dc are all being teenagers and want different things at different times.

We already have a downstairs loo, but I guess it might be good to add another, perhaps shower room?

Am totally overwhelmed by ideas now!

Any tips?
Thankyou

ITCouldBeWorse Sat 05-Apr-14 19:07:30

Er, that is only one sitting room!

ivykaty44 Sat 05-Apr-14 19:19:13

I have organised an open plan building project

Own is abroad

Furniture from down stairs in storage to protect

Upstairs sealed off

There is no hall no dinner no lounge it is all one area with a double door space through to another twelve by fourteen room but no doors and it all flows through

Had two steels put in and the kitchen has a breakfast bar, but it is the wrong way round and looks out of the kitchen rather than in

There was a loo and pantry they will become wet room and loo

Under stairs is to become storage system Google image under stairs storage and there are fab ideas, you need storage with open plan

Always allow extra money for additional costs that will come up

Shop online to reduce costs

I have painted downstairs white until it is lived in and then decided what colours will work

We are on week twelve and would be finished but there is no rush and only floor and finishing off wet room to do

ITCouldBeWorse Sat 05-Apr-14 19:34:46

I suspect storage would cost more,than our furniture did :-)

We alway love open plan on holiday, but I'm not sure it would be as good for day to day life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now