Talk

Advanced search

Have exchanged - third time lucky!

(10 Posts)
BellaI Thu 03-Apr-14 22:58:10

After several years of looking and unforeseen delays have finally exchanged and will complete 14 April! I have done letters through doors and am prob hated by all local estate agents! First one we tried to get the owners withdrew at last minute before exchange. 2nd had £50k of problems so we pulled out. The third one is in best location and hopefully is the forever house! Was not in chain but still waited since Tuesday to exchange dealing with slow solicitors and a panicky OH. Have been so stressed and run down that I'm exhausted! The bubbly tasted good tonight though!

NancyJones Thu 03-Apr-14 23:06:03

Oh congratulations! DH came home tonight and said he would quite like to move but I found it so stressful last time that I don't think I can bear to do it again.
Do you currently live in the same area? I think that makes it easier. We moved down from the NW to the south coast and found it very difficult to make a decision but we were lucky and it's turned out very well. At least you feel like it's been worth it for the better location. Enjoy it now. It's such a weight off when you're finally in !

BellaI Thu 03-Apr-14 23:12:38

We are moving within a mile! I must have seen more houses around here than some of the agents by now! Agree never again! Last two times we moved in the winter so will be good to move in the spring this time!

ExcuseTypos Thu 03-Apr-14 23:18:12

Congratulations!

We're just getting our house ready to put on the market.

I find moving quite exciting! Can't wait. I may not be saying that in a few months time

lessonsintightropes Fri 04-Apr-14 00:43:30

Congratulations and champagne for you! Brilliant news!

ListWriter Fri 04-Apr-14 12:59:21

Congratulations! So exciting!

Fab41 Fri 04-Apr-14 14:49:31

We are at the nail biting waiting to exchange stage just now. Lost our buyers a week before we moved so have been paying double mortgage for three months now. Fingers crossed, it will happen next week, but I am so stressed by it.
Congratulations on getting there at last

NancyJones Fri 04-Apr-14 16:32:47

Oh no, Fab, that's awful! Hope it happens soon!
Bella, good luck with it all. Moving is exciting but it certainly takes it out of you emotionally. I think DH is just one of these people who needs to have something exciting going on. Although we're due a little girl after 3 boys next month so I'm hoping that will be enough to keep him on his toes! grin

LtEveDallas Fri 04-Apr-14 16:39:13

Congratulations Bella! smile We exchanged yesterday too, AND got DDs school place confirmation so it was a double celebration for us.

We pick up the keys next Friday, I can't wait!

BellaI Sat 05-Apr-14 22:25:55

I can't get excited til all the money has been moved to solicitors account. Relying on OH to action his chunk on mon. Fingers crossed it's all ok as can't take much more stress!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now