Talk

Advanced search

House sale - viewers but no offers

(13 Posts)
izzysmydog Tue 01-Apr-14 21:55:10

Put house on market 2nd March, price is competitive with others in area, well presented etc. we have now had 14 viewings, one second viewing but no offers! Some viewers put off by garden as it goes down on 3 levels. Not much we can do about that..... So it's been a month now and I am fed up with the stress. My question is .... How long did it take to sell your house and how many viewings did you have??
Ps am not in London!

Stokes Tue 01-Apr-14 22:02:38

How long have other houses in your area been on the market? We've been bidding on a house since January that's been on the market since September with no other offers. Maybe things are just slow where you are?

specialsubject Tue 01-Apr-14 22:13:18

have a look on zoopla etc to see the average time to sell in your area. If you aren't in London where everyone is bonkers it can be a while.

if the house has something unusual that you can't change it will take longer. But there will be someone.

stackablegoatbearingcheesecake Wed 02-Apr-14 15:09:44

If your house is well presented, realistically priced and you've had 14 viewings what you need to do is get very thorough feedback from the Agent. If they can't give you helpful information now make sure they go away and get it. It's not likely that it's only the garden layout that's putting people off.

christinarossetti Wed 02-Apr-14 15:32:42

Yes, the estate agent should be asking the viewers for feedback and letting you know.

oscarwilde Wed 02-Apr-14 16:10:48

Show us the pics - you can get the thread deleted later.!

Nojustalurker Wed 02-Apr-14 19:29:53

4 weeks is not normally considered very long. How long does it take houses to sell in your area?

izzysmydog Wed 02-Apr-14 19:48:17

Thanks for all your responses
I have chased up feedback which ranges from 'it's not for them' .. 'Fourth bedroom too small' ... 'Garden too steep' ' doesn't have a conservatory' !!!

I know it's only a month but it's the number of viewers we've had that I'm not sure if we should have had an offer by now so wondered if other people selling had similar numbers??

Monkeymummy1 Wed 02-Apr-14 20:48:24

I felt the same as you. Ours took just over 2 months to sell. Hang in there!

madabootthehoose2 Wed 02-Apr-14 20:53:42

A year past October. Numerous viewings. Many different reasons for not buying. Steps, garden, too big, too small, too new.......the most common is the potential buyer hasn't yet sold their property, they haven't settled on an area and are just looking.

culturemulcher Wed 02-Apr-14 21:57:52

Harsh but probably true - if it's not selling, it's on at the wrong price. Perhaps you might let the EAs know that you're open to an offer if you're really keen to move quickly? Otherwise, give it another 4 weeks, then reassess.

skinnyflatwhite Wed 02-Apr-14 23:26:05

The price is too high. That's the bottom line to be honest.

CharleyFarnsbarns Wed 02-Apr-14 23:51:02

Isn't a price just an asking price though and if someone wanted it they'd make an offer? What's the "mark up" usually? £10k £20k?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now