Talk

Advanced search

Can you suggest something to go with this table?

(4 Posts)
bluepolkadot Tue 01-Apr-14 16:56:39

I have recently bought this glass/chrome dining table - http://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-frost-8-seater-dining-table

I also have the John Lewis gel dining chairs in lots of different colours http://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-gel-dining-chair/.

I am wanting something to go with it in the dining room but am struggling to find something.

I don't want a console table - would rather have something more functional that I can use with drawers or cupboards or wine holder - I suppose I'm looking for a modern sideboard that is a bit of a feature, but don't want to spend more than about £800.

My dining room is fairly modern, oak floor & the walls are white & grey with a silver/grey wallpaper on one wall - with the glass/chrome table and range of coloured chairs.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks

WetAugust Tue 01-Apr-14 18:36:20

I'd take a look in Ikea. Your existing furniture is very modern so you may find it goes well with more modular types of furniture rather than just single pieces.

BrownSauceSandwich Tue 01-Apr-14 18:45:05

That's a decent budget for a sideboard. If it were me, I'd probably avoid super-modern... You've got plenty of high gloss and metal going on already (love those chairs, BTW!) eBay has a load of vintage ercol Windsor sideboards, in a variety of sizes and conformations, within budget. Nicely made furniture, very practical, and timeless.

Also look at what made.com have on offer. I like this one: www.made.com/storage/sideboards/boundary-sideboard-warm-grey

And this: www.made.com/storage/sideboards/vernay-sideboard-dark-stain-ash-with-multicolour-red

bluepolkadot Tue 01-Apr-14 18:54:36

Great minds brownsaucesandwich - the one you suggested from made.com - the red/pink one I really loved and have been dithering about it. Just couldn't decide if the dark stain ash would go with the oak floor.

I'll have a look at ebay too. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now