Talk

Advanced search

has anyone used Mandarin Stone

(3 Posts)
pantshavenames Tue 01-Apr-14 14:09:26

Just that really... We are looking for slate flooring for our kitchen and also slabs for a patio and they seem so much cheaper than other sites I've looked at I desperately want them to be good as well smile

lalasmum17 Tue 01-Apr-14 14:48:03

Yes. I would happily use them again. They (in Bath) were very good at helping us decide our square metre age and grout/chemical needs from our drawings.

We bought stone for our bathroom walls and floor and kitchen floor 6 years ago and the shop made some very good suggestions about what to buy (with kids and lots of muddy boots and paws etc.). My neighbour's hallway (and next-door but one) are also Mandarin Stone efforts.

They do seem to include a selection of cheaper stones as well as some really lovely pieces. It is also worth looking at their ends of lines (or their sales) if you are on a tight budget.

We didn't put the floors down ourselves (builders did it), but the shop were careful to make sure we had detailed instructions of how to lay/seal/wax and clean everything.

Just one thing to be aware of (and it will be the same for all stone firms, I am guessing), our stone came in a pallet on a big flat-bed lorry equipped with a crane. It's your job to shift the stone up to your house (luckily I had an army of builders around - it was pretty heavy even carrying a few tiles at a time).

I hope this helps

lalasmum17 Tue 01-Apr-14 14:57:04

Re the garden slabs (and I am sure Mandarin will tell you) I seem to remember that they need to be much thicker than internal slabs.

We used reclaimed flagstones for our patio but used a riven stone for garden steps (which we really appreciated on icy or drizzly days).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now