Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nice lino? Does it exist?

(16 Posts)
MissBetseyTrotwood Mon 31-Mar-14 18:39:29

Not keen on tiles (too cold) or wood/laminate but like the practicality of lino. Also, lovely old wooden doors in current kitchen cut to lino height. We don't like the current lino-any suggestions/knowledge/experience?

TIA smile

MissBetseyTrotwood Mon 31-Mar-14 18:41:09

It's a country kitchen btw, lots of old beams and general wood, hence

MissBetseyTrotwood Mon 31-Mar-14 18:42:20

Fat fingers!

...hence not wanting more wood.

Sorry for the billion posts.

VeniceQueen Mon 31-Mar-14 18:46:00

What about luxury vinyl tile? We have looked at Moduleo that you can get in wood or tile effect? You can request a small sample from there website. An alternative brand is Karndean.

WetAugust Mon 31-Mar-14 18:46:15

Good luck - I was so disappointed in what was available and I must have leafed through about 30 sample books.

MrsCharlesBrandon Mon 31-Mar-14 18:48:06

Rhinofloor? Quite thick and very good quality, comes in hundreds of colours/designs too.

mewkins Mon 31-Mar-14 18:52:58

We had Marmoleum in our old house and it was great. May be using the same for new bathroom.

MissBetseyTrotwood Mon 31-Mar-14 19:00:18

Ahh, love mn, I knew there would be some great suggestions along quickly. Thank you so much.

So, Rhinofloor, Karndean, Marmoleum, Moduleo.

Many thanks lovely ladies. WetAugust I hope you found something that worked in the end!

MissBetseyTrotwood Mon 31-Mar-14 19:01:05

On phone at the mo but hopefully online proper tonight. Will investigate!

itsnothingoriginal Mon 31-Mar-14 19:51:06

We have Rhinofloor. Very pleased with it smile

calilark Mon 31-Mar-14 20:01:37

Stepper floor tiles

calilark Mon 31-Mar-14 20:02:39

Stepper floor tiles

Secondtimesally Mon 31-Mar-14 20:06:54

I second Karndean. We have their imitation wood style on all our ground floor - parquet in sittingroom and planks elsewhere and it's great. Have cream tile-type in the bathroom - so nice not to have cold floor like our old place.
You can buy it direct online but make sure you have a good fitter - it is quite thin so needs very flat chipboard layer underneath.

GrendelsMum Mon 31-Mar-14 21:25:26

Marmoleum is great in a kitchen - it's warm, it's easy to clean, it's pretty indestructable...

If DH didn't have pretentious design aspirations I would have gone for it straight away.

MissBetseyTrotwood Mon 31-Mar-14 21:49:27

Hehe re.the design aspirations! Mine wants all minimalism and clean lines. Not happening!

Thanks again all. Lots to be going on with.

skinnyflatwhite Mon 31-Mar-14 23:52:21

OP, sorry to be pedantic, but is it actually linoleum you want? Linoleum is very differnt to Karndean or Rhinofloor etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now