Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for patio

(3 Posts)
TryingToJuggle Mon 31-Mar-14 14:57:53

I'm after some inspiration and costings for a new patio please. Last year we had a large extension done acorss the back of our house so we have three metre bi fold doors coming out form our lounge/kitchen/diner. At the moment it is basically building rubble still outside so anything improvement will be great but we would like a lovely big patio to step out onto.

The size will be about 10m across the entire back of the house and going out maybe 3.5 metre. We would like patio as opposed to decking but other than that have no idea. My husband is fairly handy so can probably do the work himself which should save some money. We had a quote for £2600 with mid range slabs. I want something contemporary, smooth/slightly textured so the kids won't slip and maybe grey/slate coloured as opposed to pinks or yellows.

Does anyone have any suggestions and also the best place to buy this many slabs?

minibmw2010 Mon 31-Mar-14 15:09:25

We have just had a quote for something similar, but ours entails taking up rotten decking, plus a good solid concrete base for it to go down on, plus the various finishing, etc. and our quote was about £4K for a similar size (35m squared) sticks in my mind for some reason. We are going for a fairly basic yellow colour with texture (again for slipping as you mention). Beware going too dark, the darker you go, the more difficult it'll make the patio to walk on in the summer when hot.

spotty26 Mon 31-Mar-14 19:51:38

Google Indian Stone - raj green. Looks greyish really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now