loader

Talk

Advanced search

I have an accepted offer. Now what?

(5 Posts)
Moltencore Mon 31-Mar-14 08:40:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

schmalex Mon 31-Mar-14 08:44:31

You can usually search online at your local council to see what planning permission has been granted in the surrounding area.
www.planningportal.gov.uk/inyourarea/

You'll need a good solicitor to do all the searches and check everything out. In terms of the area and the people, I guess you just have to go there and talk to people. Or ask a local Mnetter!

Littlegreenburger Mon 31-Mar-14 08:45:32

Have you got a mortgage in place they will do a quick check of house but you will need to do searches on the property (well your solicitor will).
I would do a quick check now ask around local area, check ofsted of local schools (even if you don't have children this could affect resale), check online if there are any plans in place for new buildings. I would also check price against zoopla and look on check my area.com too

Moltencore Tue 01-Apr-14 08:17:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LIZS Tue 01-Apr-14 08:26:00

You can look at a police website for local crime and known offenders but it isn't fool proof and is a fairly recent one so won't have a lot of history. Your solicitor should do searches about the environment and planning. Remember planning permission can be granted some years ago but may not yet be done as it has 5 years' validity. presumably if it is a new build you won't know your neighbours yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now