anyone know what the rules are?

BikeRunSki Sun 30-Mar-14 20:20:07

As in what situation?

JanePurdy Sun 30-Mar-14 20:21:24

You might have to give more info.

BikeRunSki Sun 30-Mar-14 20:22:56

Rules

Sunnyshores Sun 30-Mar-14 21:45:50

Can people walk down it any time of day/night? with dogs? Sit on it? play football on it? How wide is it? Can I fence next to it?

There is a public footpath in the field behind a house I'm interested in - at present visible from the house.

BikeRunSki Sun 30-Mar-14 21:52:48

I imagine yes to all those answers, although playing football may start verging into Nuisance. If you scroll down that link, it says that land within 20m of. Dwelling is exempt FTP
access rights under Countryside ad Rights of Way Act. There are usually loads of bylaw a associated with footpaths; I'd ring and speak to the local authority Footpaths Officer.

BikeRunSki Sun 30-Mar-14 21:53:34

FTP - should read "from"

MaryShelley Sun 30-Mar-14 21:55:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

matildasquared Sun 30-Mar-14 22:02:41

People using rights of way are meant to pass through. A short stop for a picnic might be permissible on a verge, but otherwise people have to keep moving. No camping or playing football.

I don't know of any curfews.

You put up a sign asking them to keep dogs on leads.

If they take the piss and disturb you, then you can make a complaint for nuisance.

Some people around here put signs like, "New baby, please keep quiet," when a public path goes close to their house.

Sunnyshores Mon 31-Mar-14 12:33:33

Thank you everyone, not such a nuisance then really, especially if I can put a fence up my side (to protect my dog, children, chickens)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now