Talk

Advanced search

Bloody estate agents!

(11 Posts)
ineedsomeinspiration Sun 30-Mar-14 09:04:13

Really annoyed and fed up with estate agents already.
Our house is stc as of Saturday before last. Other half has been away so we went on Thursday to view our top two house again. One of them has been on the Market a long time. It was on at Oreo £215000. As we were coming out of the house another couple turned up to view. This couple were also apparently very interested. I thought oh yeah of course, same estate agent we brought our house off before and they done the same the last time. Told us we better get an offer in quick if we were interested. We put an offer in of £215000, this was at about 4 o clock.They said the other couple had also put in an offer but didn't say if ours was higher or lower. Incidentally the other couple have just sold their house through them.

We received a phone call at around 5.30 to say the other couples offer was higher than ours and the vendor had gone with this one. I upped our offer to £217000. Estate agent said sorry but the other couples was "much" higher than this.

This was all on Thursday, popped in to see my estate agent today who the vendor was previously with. They had called her on the pretence of seeing how she was getting on, would she like to come back to them etc. anyways turns out the other offer was for £217200. So obviously much higher then our offer the lying *.

We've upped our offer to £218500 but can go as high as £220000. I just think it might be pointless though as don't think they even out our original offers to the vendor. The Saturday staff who were I. Said they'd have to pass the offer to his manager to deal with on Monday as there was already on the table.

Feeling really grrrrrrrr.

Crutchlow35 Sun 30-Mar-14 14:10:52

So with the exception of saying £217,200 was a much higher offer than £217,000, what do you think they've done wrong?

If you don't think the vendor has received your offer put a note through their door confirming your max offer this evening

Your agent has acted badly though. They should never have contacted another agents client - although I appreciate that may be the done thing with estate agents in England.

noddyholder Sun 30-Mar-14 15:41:30

Lying is their default setting

Manchesterhistorygirl Sun 30-Mar-14 15:46:18

The agent is obliged to pass on every offer received by them to the vendors, they are being lying fuckwits.

ineedsomeinspiration Sun 30-Mar-14 19:17:33

Yes they were deceitful in the fact they said they had a much higher offer than ours, not true and also I'm pretty sure after my agents conversation with the vendor I'm pretty sure she is not aware of our offer at all.
Estate agents in England are always contacting other agents clients, trying to get them to switch to them. One poor lady whose house we went to view had another agent knocking on her door about twice a week!
I think I'm more suspicious as the same estate agent did this to us when we brought this house although not to the same extent.

Mintyy Sun 30-Mar-14 19:22:54

I'm not sure I understand your op, but are you saying you think the agents are biased towards the other couple because they are also selling through them?

Crutchlow35 Sun 30-Mar-14 20:55:38

Please don't tarnish us all with the same brush noddy. In England yes but other parts of the country and not and are highly regulated.

ineedsomeinspiration Sun 30-Mar-14 22:31:56

Yes I think they are biased towards the other couple, understandably so I suppose but I just hate all these games.

ineedsomeinspiration Mon 31-Mar-14 18:57:09

Well spoke to the manager today and he assured me our offers had been put to the vendor but didn't really seem to know about the second offer of 217000.
Anyway for the first time today they actually contacted our agent to check our chain. The vendor apparently decided to stick with her original offer from the other couple. I have written her a note and popped it through her door just to make sure she is aware of our interest. Guess it will piss the her estate agents off.

Nojustalurker Tue 01-Apr-14 06:34:13

Are you part of a long chain?

We excepted the lower of two offers because that buyer was chain free compared to the other buyer who was in a long chain.

ineedsomeinspiration Tue 01-Apr-14 06:58:58

We have a longish chain behind us but it is near to completion. Our buyer is moving in with her Sister. I don't mind that she stuck with the offer but I'm pretty sure our last one was the only one she's been made aware of. Her agents only checked our chain details for the first time yesterday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now