Talk

Advanced search

Seen a house l love but ours has only just gone on the market!

(11 Posts)
JumpingJackSprat Sat 29-Mar-14 20:06:17

I didnt expect to love it but I do. Houses are going very quickly around here ... Under offer within days and I've viewed one today with huge potential and well within our budget but ours only went on today. We have viewed about 6 so far and I got the feeling about this one. I've arranged a second viewing but is it a total waste of time to make an offer now? We have already had serious interest in it from two people we know privately but obviously it could be sold in a week or could take ages.

bishboschone Sat 29-Mar-14 20:07:45

Make an offer .. Your might sell tomorrow . Thy can always say no .

fiorentina Sat 29-Mar-14 21:32:13

Try and make an offer if you really want it. Our house sold to the first viewer, sadly the house we were after went under offer the same day but came back on the market again a few months later. We didn't end up buying it but things can all line up. Think positive and good luck.

JumpingJackSprat Sun 30-Mar-14 13:21:12

Thanks very much from what I was reading online it seems it's not worth Making an offer unless we are readyw proceed but the houses chain free and empty so they might Consider our offer.

MissMilbanke Sun 30-Mar-14 13:30:16

Well they can consider your offer obviously but really unless you were really able to hand over the cash why would they accept ?

Could / would you look at bridging ? I couldn't do this but if what you say is correct and things are moving very quickly in your Area then that could be an option.

HauntedNoddyCar Sun 30-Mar-14 13:34:02

We put in an offer on a house when we weren't even on the market last year. We managed to pull it off and we are lots in a busy market so it can work.

pancakedayiscoming Sun 30-Mar-14 13:34:22

In my area you have to have yours on the market while looking, everything's a chain here. Make an offer. Get your property on. Good luck!

JumpingJackSprat Sun 30-Mar-14 13:36:03

What is bridging?

MissMilbanke Sun 30-Mar-14 13:38:54

A short term loan

zoemaguire Sun 30-Mar-14 13:41:36

A very very expensive short-term loan so that you can buy the new house before youve sold your old one, to be paid off once old one sells. Very risky (what if yr house doesn't sell or goes for less than you think), and expensive at best!

JumpingJackSprat Sun 30-Mar-14 13:49:55

Ah Thanks that sounds like a bit of a risky option for us. The house might be more of a heart over head issue I'll take another very good look at the second viewing but is requiring to know a vendor might still consider our offer even if we haven't sold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now