Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend a moving/packing service for South-East London!

(8 Posts)
CSLewis Fri 28-Mar-14 13:54:55

I have six kids (11-4 months), and a four-storey 3 bed 3 recep room house (and loft...) to empty, possibly by the 7th April!

We're only moving a few miles away, to a 4-bed house, with garage.

I've reached the stage where it's all too overwhelming even to think about confused

If anyone can recommend any moving people, and give me an idea on prices, I'd be very grateful. Also any other tips welcome! We're moving from SE15 to SE6.

PinkHat1 Fri 28-Mar-14 14:22:53

I had a thread on here a few months ago about moving companies. In the end, I went with Roberts &Dennys based in Peckham they were great - highly recommend them.

AngryFeet Fri 28-Mar-14 14:28:08

We used James Removals - not too expensive and we didn't have to buy the boxes as they reimburse you when you give them back (they pick them up and don't care if a few are missing due to them being ripped or whatever). We packed ourselves although they do have a packing service (but I am weird about people touching my stuff!) and they managed to move us in under 6 hours (it was only up the road but I have seen companies take 8 hours just to pack up never mind unload). Lovely friendly company.

www.jamesremovals.com/

AngryFeet Fri 28-Mar-14 14:29:49

Be warned most removal companies will expect that you have got the stuff down from the loft for them. Sorry you may already know that!

CSLewis Fri 28-Mar-14 16:22:20

Thank you all. Yes, I do intend to empty (and cull) the contents of the loft, it's just a question of how and when!

Any idea on prices for removals only, for the companies you mention?

lulupeg Fri 28-Mar-14 16:40:39

I absolutely and highly recommend the excellent Jan and team at JT Enterprises based in East Dulwich. Totally fab guy and so hardworking. His team were amazing and we were very last minute due to very difficult chain and exchange/completion happening within hours of each other! His no is 07850 716079.

Lunaballoon Fri 28-Mar-14 16:42:22

We've used Bishops Move for a couple of our moves. Very happy with their service.

lulupeg Fri 28-Mar-14 16:42:24

We paid about £1200 for full packing and unpack of 3 bed house and moved from SE15 to SE23. Only two kids to your 6 though!! Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now