Advanced search

Help finding a kitchen sink like this:

(20 Posts)
AbbyCadabby Fri 28-Mar-14 13:42:46


Have been trawling the web and whilst I can find butler/farmhouse/Belfast sinks split into two, I can't find one that looks like these pictures - with the high back bit. Anyone seen anything like it?

PeacesOfAte Fri 28-Mar-14 13:47:42

Look at Armitage Shanks sinks, some of their old Belfast sinks have high backs. I was looking on Ebay for them recently and there are plenty of reclaimed ones, but it may be that they make the same style new too if you prefer.

PeacesOfAte Fri 28-Mar-14 13:49:31

High back sinks seem to be called Cleaner Sinks too, I've discovered, which might help you search.

AbbyCadabby Fri 28-Mar-14 14:40:32

Thanks, PoA. That search term does help a little, but have only managed to find a high back sink that I'd say was for the utility room.

There are several like this.

But none like that in my OP. Thank you though, getting warmer!

AbbyCadabby Fri 28-Mar-14 21:44:30

A cheeky bump for the evening crowd!

RaisingSteam Sat 29-Mar-14 18:58:35

It's probably an enamelled cast iron sink rather than ceramic. If you google for "cast iron sink" or "enamel sink" you can find some reclaimed ones. The similar ones are mostly in the US - must have been an American design.

<<one here a bit similar>>

PeacesOfAte Sun 30-Mar-14 15:45:04

Looking on for high back sink does give lots similar to your picture, so it's likely to be an American picture. You could always get one shipped over?

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Sun 30-Mar-14 15:48:58

I can't see the PIC but I saw a lovely split sink in IKEA.

AbbyCadabby Sun 30-Mar-14 19:15:17

Thank you all. Does look like it's just an American thing. Shame, I love them!
I have seen various split sinks, it's the high back thing I like. But guess I will just get a split normal one.

Sunnyshores Sun 30-Mar-14 19:57:15

I saw one in a reclamation yard in Glastonbury, Somerset yesterday, caught my eye as I'd never seen one before.

AbbyCadabby Sun 30-Mar-14 21:24:46

Ooh! Do you remember the name of the place, or us it unlikely to be online?

Sunnyshores Sun 30-Mar-14 21:42:45

Dont know if they're online, these sort of places are usually really helpful though, phone and they should be able to email you a photo and then ship.
It was either Glastonbury reclaimation or the reclamation yard in Coxley (I think its called Wells reclaimation).

AbbyCadabby Sun 30-Mar-14 22:00:00

Thanks! smile Any idea how much they wanted for it?

justaweeone Mon 31-Mar-14 10:53:51

A large glazed earthenware kitchen sink,
English, mid twentieth century.
Stock code: 75028Download detailsLocation: LASSCO Brunswick House
the raised splash-back above central sink flanked by drainers, on twin pedestal legs.
Dimensions: 108cm (42½") High, 188cm (74") Wide, 58cm (22¾") Deep

£2500 !

Sunnyshores Mon 31-Mar-14 12:28:48

no sorry, I was looking at the ordinary belfasts (£65-£100)

AbbyCadabby Mon 31-Mar-14 14:04:09

Wow, thanks, Justaweeone. Had no idea they'd cost £2500! Eek.

Thanks, Sunny, I will research more!

justaweeone Mon 31-Mar-14 15:24:53


for sale is a very large old Laundry Sink that we have had to remove in order to fit a new kitchen. It's measurements are 46" wide x 22.5" deep and 14.5" high. The sinks comes with its 4 original taps, 2 plugs and a set of legs on a frame. Part of the frame is missing but I think that it's not a big job to have another one made. The sink has suffered from some scratches and some small chips but with a little TLC this sink would make a great addition to your kitchen.This is a lovely looking sink that makes most people say 'wow' when they see it. The sink is at my place in London SE23. I am afraid that because of it's size and weight that the sink is a collect only item.
Messages[9] : Send a message
Price : 450.00

AbbyCadabby Mon 31-Mar-14 23:15:11

Ooh, that is lovely! How are you finding these?

justaweeone Tue 01-Apr-14 06:59:37

A bit of google as I remember seeing these sinks when we were doing our kitchen
Have discovered that they are called American farmhouse sinks
It seems lots of American sinks have an integral splash back
Etsy have a few but don't think they ship to uk

AbbyCadabby Tue 01-Apr-14 19:54:09

I'm not shipping a sink from America. smile I don't want it that badly!
Thanks, will keep looking here, not actually moved house yet so we have time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now