Talk

Advanced search

Got a template contract for builders I can copy?

(5 Posts)
stinkingbishop Fri 28-Mar-14 09:03:54

I've got builders in doing some loft work, installing a stair, fitted cupboards, bathrooms, decorating...I'm a bit concerned because a) am going to be away for most of the work and b) he's using lots of different trades who've all quoted me individually (fine, because they're not VAT, whereas he is)...so I want to get the main guy to sign a contract with me which:

- makes HIM responsible
- sets time limits (and penalties/rewards)
- means if there's snagging he has to rectify

Does anyone have a contract I could cut and paste and adapt??

Thanks!

MichaelFinnigan Fri 28-Mar-14 09:56:43

Did he tender the separate contracts for the trades?

Have a look at the JCT suite?

stinkingbishop Fri 28-Mar-14 10:09:50

Sorry, don't understand! He's got them all to quote directly because that way I'm not paying VAT because they're not VAT registered (he is). I'll be paying him an overseeing fee. They're all his contacts - he's brought them onto the job.

MichaelFinnigan Sat 29-Mar-14 07:33:27

The JCT (joint contracts tribunal) are a suite of standard forms of contracts etc

There are various different sets of documentation to use depending on the size and balance of risk / responsibility

They're probably a bit full on for home improvements but you might find one a useful template. You can google for samples

stinkingbishop Sat 29-Mar-14 08:02:55

Fab, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now