Talk

Advanced search

Very small bathroom - Advise please what colour floor and wall tiles should I go for?

(9 Posts)
hulahoopsilove Thu 27-Mar-14 11:20:58

very small bathroom almost square - if you imagine standing outside the door looking in you have:

Sink directly in front of you below window and shelf
LEFT toilet
RIGTH Bath running the wall behind the door

We have a while suite being fitted and need to order tiles for the floor and walls - havent a clue!

I was thinking beigey type wall tiles and a black/dark grey floor
Then I like the idea of white wall tiles all the way up to the ceiling

Does anyone have any ideas or links they could share please

Grockle Thu 27-Mar-14 11:25:26

I only have white - white tiles, white paint, white-ish flooring. Blue blackout blind for colour.

PennyJennyPie Thu 27-Mar-14 13:10:38

Could have been my bathroom which sadly will have to wait another year. In my last flat, I had dark grey floor tiles, white wall tiles and a blue turquoise mosaic wall border half way up the wall. Very happy with the results and would do again.

Sunnyshores Thu 27-Mar-14 13:23:01

big wall tiles apparently make the room look bigger (and are quicker / cheaper for tradesman to tile). Not sure if same goes for floor tiles.

FloralPuddles Thu 27-Mar-14 19:41:42

Sounds exactly like mine. Ours is an ex local authority house and I think they all have the same bathrooms lol.

We have big white Matt tiles on the bath wall and the sink / toilet backs onto wall. The left wall next to the toilet and the little bit if wall behind bathroom door will be painted a creamy stone colour, it's just been re plastered. We have a light blue striped shower curtain above bath and a pale blue floor.

lalasmum17 Thu 27-Mar-14 20:20:38

Our bathroom is tiny. We used cheap big square travertine stone tiles (sort of pale sandstone colour) on the floor, bath surround and about 2.5 m high on the wall around the bath and shower screen. We hung the loo and washbasin so just tiled up to shelf height there.

We live in a hard water area and the tiles seem very forgiving (we'd forever have to be scrubbing off chalk marks from dark tiles or cleaning deposits off shiny tiles). Preparation took a while (sealing waxing etc) but now we just rub them down with an e cloth and then wax every 6 months or so.

WetAugust Fri 28-Mar-14 16:47:36

White everything, ceiling, suite, tiles. Light coloured flooring for maximum spaciousness feeling.

littlecrystal Fri 28-Mar-14 17:15:25

Our not so small bathroom has dark grey floor and it does make it look smaller. I would say white wall tiles and beige, almost white floor tiles.

OnIlkelyMoorBahtat Tue 01-Apr-14 14:14:40

White everything with terracotta floor tiles for mine - I like to pretend I'm holidaying in the Med when I'm in it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now