Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know HOYLAKE?

(5 Posts)
Underthemountain Tue 25-Mar-14 09:24:47

Hi, I am house hunting and curious about some properties in hoylake. There are a few nice places for sale at a reasonable price on lake road (right by the water), however I'm suspicious about the reasonable prices!

The reasons I can think of: no offroad parking, no garden, terraced, salty air (?!).

But am I missing something else? Anti social behaviour, flooding, noise problems....something worse??

SquinkiesRule Tue 25-Mar-14 12:39:59

On the plus side they have Costco very close by. No idea about the houses. I thought it was an expensive area, am I wrong?

Underthemountain Tue 25-Mar-14 13:08:27

Costco? It is an expensive area on the whole but these houses are cheap for their size (in comparison). Scared we are missing something obvious!

spotty26 Tue 25-Mar-14 16:34:49

It is lovely. I grew up on The Wirral and that area is quite posh, not as posh as West Kirby and Caldy but rather nice really. Not sure of any Costco there but I only go back a few times a year now.

NotJustACigar Tue 25-Mar-14 17:45:49

Have you checked the Environment Agency maps to see whether the houses are in a flood plain?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now