Talk

Advanced search

photos when listing a house for sale

(7 Posts)
JumpingJackSprat Mon 24-Mar-14 12:48:27

Would it put you off a house not to have photos of every room if you were looking for a house? Our second bedroom is the only room not to have been recently decorated and is looking a bit tired-not dated or shabby but just not as nice as the rest of the rooms. Can we just leave it off the photos and just have the best rooms or is it a good idea to have photos of all the rooms? We don't have time to repaint.

cooper44 Mon 24-Mar-14 12:56:48

I don't think you need all the rooms at all - some rooms just shoot really badly - I think we left out a couple of rooms when we sold late last year. Wouldn't bother me as a buyer in the slightest - UNLESS it was a very important room - like I'd want to see the kitchen etc.

INeedSomeHelp Mon 24-Mar-14 13:00:32

I just recently sold and didn't have photos of all the rooms in the particulars. There wasn't a photo of the 3rd bedroom or the en suite. As long as the key rooms are covered I don't think it is an issue.

cavell Mon 24-Mar-14 13:11:16

I think it is better not to have photos of all the rooms online/in the brochure. It gives people a reason to come and view the rest of the house.

Lottie4 Mon 24-Mar-14 14:16:55

I wouldn't worry too much. Our photos came out really well, they disguised marks on wall and made the house look surprisingly big. The agents can advise, and even if it ends up being on the draft particulars (and you're not happy) you can ask them to change it.

onepieceoflollipop Mon 24-Mar-14 14:20:58

Hmm, we have been looking at houses online. Some of the agents (maybe at the vendor's request) do seem to favour a photo of every room. On one hand it gives a prospective buyer the true picture. However we have been put off houses when the pictures have shown untidy, cluttered rooms, even in one case a grubby bathroom!
on balance I think photos of several, rather than all the rooms is better.

stripeytiger Mon 24-Mar-14 14:39:21

Agree with cavell on this. As long as all the room dimensions are listed then i can't see a problem with having a bedroom not featured in the photos at all, it certainly wouldn't put me off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now