Talk

Advanced search

Nunhead/Peckham Rye area SE15

(4 Posts)
spotty26 Sun 23-Mar-14 20:12:39

Guys

I am helping a friend with a search for a house and they have found a house out of their original favoured search areas in Nunhead/Peckham Rye.

Any thoughts on this area oh wise Mumsnetters? Particularly schools?

Also, is it as crazy in terms of price increases as Wandsworth Borough for example? Some 3 bed houses seem to have leapt £100k in just a few months which although understandable in prime London postcodes seems a tad excessive in the outer boroughs...

Thanks in advance.

SweetCicely Sun 23-Mar-14 20:59:26

I've never been there myself but I met up with a friend this weekend who rents in Nunhead. She only had nice things to say about it.

Loftyjen Sun 23-Mar-14 21:21:27

Lived here for 3yrs & wouldn't live anywhere else in London
Houses much bigger than the East Dulwich equivalents, lovely open spaces (Peckham Rye Park, One Tree Hill & Nunhead Cemetery). Fab family centred cafe (Dish & the Spoon) and to get an idea of community spirit look up the recent history of The Ivy House Pub.

Schools wise, hear v good things about Ivydale & Hollydale but as with most places catchments are tight - there's talk of Ivydale expanding to a second site/a new free school opening, but no definite news on this yet. (My eldest isn't in school yet, but loves Puddleduck Nursery!).

Well linked transport wise - overground a short walk to Brockley , but easier & I prefer to walk to East Dulwich than use the 484!

Really well geared up towards young families & lots to keep tots social diaries full!

Celia1978 Sun 23-Mar-14 21:26:05

I've been looking at lots of areas of London, including Nunhead, so I know a bit about it. I think schools are oversubscribed as they are everywhere so if they've already found a house they're interested in it would be a question of working out which school is closest and if they'd make it into the catchment. There are some good schools around there though, and Haberdashers' Aske's has a good reputation.
It does feel quite 'up and coming' - that whole stretch of East Dulwich/Peckham/Nunhead is very popular, is the impression I get. Nunhead probably the least gentrified so far but think it's on its way, and prices are heading up as a result.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now