Talk

Advanced search

My 3 favourite Astracast sinks - which one do I choose?

(18 Posts)
MadameMattise Sun 23-Mar-14 13:42:46

We're having a quartz worktop fitted and I know the accepted wisdom on Mumsnet is to have an undermounted sink but I don't like them and I don't think they are very practical so here's my short list. What do you think?

Astracast Bistro

Astracast flush inset drainer (you can get 1.5 basins but I can't see a photo of that)

Astracast Vantage 1.5 sink

AlpacaYourThings Sun 23-Mar-14 13:43:49

3rd one smile

MadameMattise Sun 23-Mar-14 13:45:17

Oh, my second link didn't really work. It should be Astracast onyx bowl plus the drainer bit above

with drainer

Follyfoot Sun 23-Mar-14 13:47:42

The 3rd. The other two make me think of mortuaries for some reason (sorry grin )

MadameMattise Sun 23-Mar-14 16:50:05

Follyfoot you've been watching too much TV (hopefully) but now you've pointed that out...

PigletJohn Sun 23-Mar-14 17:04:51

my favourite sink in the whole world is the Bistro.

There is no worktop under or behind it, so no risk of damage from spills and splashes.

The onyx sink and drainer has twice as many opportunities for water penetration as even an ordinary inset sink. Water will drop off every item that you move from sink to drainer.

Nojustalurker Sun 23-Mar-14 19:40:29

3rd one x

MoonlightandRoses Sun 23-Mar-14 20:16:20

Bistro followed by the Onyx, don't like the Vantage at all.

MadameMattise Sun 23-Mar-14 21:13:38

oh no. The jury is hung.

PigletJohn Sun 23-Mar-14 21:42:41

What worktop are you having?

MadameMattise Mon 24-Mar-14 09:05:02

PigletJohn quartz. My friend came round last night and it horrified that I'm considering having anything other than an undermounted sink.

PigletJohn Mon 24-Mar-14 09:08:10

And you have soft water so you will get no watermarks or limescale?

MadameMattise Mon 24-Mar-14 09:11:49

We have a water softener system.

MillyMollyMama Mon 24-Mar-14 10:46:13

Just to put the cat among the proverbial pigeons, do they do a double full size sink with no drainer?. You can only drain things on a drainer but with two larger sinks there are more possibilities, draining, soaking, etc. I now have this, but from another manufacturer, and I would not go back to a drainer. If you do not have space for two sinks I would for option 3 but these half sinks do not have much space for anything in them apart from a bunch of carrots.

MadameMattise Mon 24-Mar-14 11:15:43

MillyMollyMama I'd so like a double sink but we don't have room. Thanks for the suggestion though.

MammyKaz Mon 24-Mar-14 16:39:45

I too dislike undermounted sinks millymolly so another vote for no.3 smile
I'd constantly be banging my hip/catching my clothes on no.1 if it extends beyond the worktop edge. Although I am a bit clumsy!!
I like the flush fit of the Vantage, I'm looking at similar styles from Franke for my new kitchen. Might have to compare with astracast, I hadn't come across them before.

MadameMattise Mon 24-Mar-14 18:02:19

I've looked at Franke too mammyKaz but have now narrowed it down to Astracast. (please don't suggest any Franke ones now or I'll have to start all over again !)

MammyKaz Mon 24-Mar-14 19:43:35

No I didn't dare link!! grin
I like the look of Astracast especially because it's brushed .....hmmm need to relook at my plans.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now