Talk

Advanced search

Removal costs?

(4 Posts)
Gemma77 Sat 22-Mar-14 13:06:30

Hi everyone - well our sellers have put an offer in on a lovely bungalow which has no onward chain - they put the offer in yesterday but no word from the EA yet. It is a newly available property so I suspect the current owners have viewings over the weekend so are waiting to see...

Anyway, in the hope that finally our sellers have found somewhere, I'm starting to think about planning for the big removal day.

We have a three bed house (with garden stuff) and are moving about 5 miles away to a four bed detached. Any idea of rough costs for using a removal firm? We will pack everything ourselves as my husband used to be a removal man (many moons ago!). But I think it would be good to have help on the actual day. Plus I think we will need a fairly large lorry given the amount of stuff we are taking!

I know it will depend on many factors but would like to get a rough idea what to budget for!

Thanks

Flossiechops Sat 22-Mar-14 14:48:56

Hi we are moving soon and have had one quote so far for £495 plus VAT, it's an extra £300 for,packing which we are having. We are moving just around 1 mile away. I think this is a very competitive price tbh I was expecting around £1500 all in.

ixos Sat 22-Mar-14 16:27:54

We paid �1000. This included a full packing service. South East, 3 bed house, moved round the corner. This was by far the cheapest quote - they went up to �1600.

didireallysaythat Sat 22-Mar-14 16:44:07

We paid £300 for a man and a van (well 3 men) to move us 3 miles and then another £300 for 15 miles 6 months later. No packing and multiple trips but that was partly because we packed badly (in a rush) - 3 bedrooms and a tardis like attic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now