Advanced search

Party Wall regs anyone?

(4 Posts)
BlackeyedPetitsPois Fri 21-Mar-14 14:10:11

My parents' neighbour is planning to build a single storey rear and side extension. My parents have no objections as such to the extension.

The land the neighbour's property stands on is a good 2 feet higher than my parents' side and my parents' side pathway. The earth is currently kept in place by upright paving stones. I'm worried about the effect the building will have on the side pathway, plus the increased traffic of builders bringing materials/machinery round to the rear of the property.

The side pathway is really my parents' only access to the house due to mobility issues and I wondered if and how the Party Wall regs come into effect for this? Will my parents have to approach the Planning dept of the local council? Would they be able to help?

I've never had any experience of this so have no idea where to start.


strongandlong Fri 21-Mar-14 15:43:54

If the building work will affect your parents property, their neighbours will have to consult them and get their signed agreement for the work to go ahead.

The first thing to do is to speak to the neighbours...

strongandlong Fri 21-Mar-14 15:48:58

Info here:

BlackeyedPetitsPois Fri 21-Mar-14 17:13:18

Thanks both smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now