Talk

Advanced search

A come and have a nosey at this on right move thread

(47 Posts)
thegraduand Wed 19-Mar-14 21:38:26

I don't think we've had one of these for a while. The people who own this house clearly like colour, nik naks and patterns. Have to give them credit for having the courage of their convictions and going for it with the decor

house

DelGirl Wed 19-Mar-14 21:45:15

That's a beautiful house, if you take the majority of stuff out!

Tall ceilings? Where are they then? confused

It's interesting, I'll give them that!

50 photos to trawl through shock

ceres Wed 19-Mar-14 21:47:36

I'd rather that than the bland beige boxes that so many people seem to like these days.

LoveVintage Wed 19-Mar-14 21:50:32

Bloody hell, that was exhausting - 50 photos!!

It is a lovely house, and there are some lovely things in it though. Not sure what area it is in but it does not seem overly expensive for what you get compared to some others which have been posted on here IYKWIM. (I am from Scotland)

2tired2bewitty Wed 19-Mar-14 21:56:21

I liked the picture of the shower, just in case you weren't sure what one was confused

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 19-Mar-14 22:00:22

Half the pictures don't show the rooms they just show close ups of furniture, which is presumably going with them

MadameMattise Wed 19-Mar-14 22:00:33

I think you've been quite rude talking about this house (home) OP. It's a beautiful building and it's very personal inside. I'm sure whoever sells their house there will always be someone who could say something nasty - BUT WHY ?? Poor taste from you IMO and I do hope the people who have obviously lived and loved there for a long time, don't see your post.

headlesslambrini Wed 19-Mar-14 22:01:08

I love it when the agents take random photos of towels, vases, soap on a rope etc. It really makes me want to buy the house hmm

ouryve Wed 19-Mar-14 22:03:47

That's my kind of wine rack in picture 22. Big, but not big enough!

enriquetheringbearinglizard Wed 19-Mar-14 22:04:27

I actually think it's a shop and the garden is a reclamation yard/artefacts seller. You just can't spot the price tags.

Pannacotta Wed 19-Mar-14 22:07:17

The pics look like an ad for an interior decoration shop not particulars!
Mad...

Princessolipops Wed 19-Mar-14 22:07:59

I love it! X

Quangle Wed 19-Mar-14 22:10:02

I loved the very prominently positioned Fortnums hamper on p12 [Grin]

Love the house without all the stuff but I don't like the roof tiles <picky>

thegraduand Wed 19-Mar-14 22:11:58

I think it's over priced for the area, given you get no garden. It's a rural area, there isn't a shortage of land. This house isn't much smaller, and has about half an acre and is significantly cheaper, it's not far away.

smaller

Madame I can see it's a labour of love. There are regular threads on here highlighting unusual properties. My house was on right move recently, it would get attacked for being a bland, beige Barratt box, no house is going to suit everyone

RayPurchase Wed 19-Mar-14 22:12:02

Wow! The only thing I dont like about that house is the pink kitchen ceiling.
I would need a team of cleaners to keep up with the dusting though!

Blu Wed 19-Mar-14 22:22:55

I love the massive stack of pillows on the bed in pic 23.

And the close up of basket of flannels. I am surprised a description isn't included in the details.

"wooden basket of well arranged flannels in neutral colours"

msmoss Wed 19-Mar-14 22:35:33

It's a lovely house slightly too magazine styled for my taste but still not really sure it falls into the OMG what is that category the OP has placed it in.

Thinking about it the photos probably were taken for a magazine then just used by the estate agent hence the random towel shots and the number of them.

Shoopshoop2 Wed 19-Mar-14 22:51:49

As someone said upthread,it looks like a shop,and reclamation yard. It doesn't look as if the owner has put it together themselves.

Beamur Wed 19-Mar-14 22:55:16

It's certainly full, but I rather like it - the garden is lovely.
The pink ceiling is a statement and a half!
The estate agents have gone a bit OTT with pointless (if pretty) photos.

Mintyy Wed 19-Mar-14 22:58:44

I quite like it but the ceilings are terribly low. And I don't like the gravelly garden. Not one for me, I'm afraid.

GillTheGiraffe Wed 19-Mar-14 23:45:33

The house itself is gorgeous. The decoration is hideous. Yeloow and purple in one room!

Dillydollydaydream Wed 19-Mar-14 23:51:05

Lots of different sofas and chairs! One picture has them at random angles to each other so you wouldn't be able to sit and chat to someone and see them.

ceres Thu 20-Mar-14 05:50:31

the second house would cost a fortune to bring up to date - it looks like a time warp. there is nothing in it I like in terms of fixtures - the fireplace, bathrooms, kitchen, dado rails, internal doors, upvc windows.

the first one would be just a lick of paint and your own furniture. the bones of it are lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now