Talk

Advanced search

Doors - again!

(6 Posts)
MrsAlwaysRight Wed 19-Mar-14 21:18:36

Still trying to decide on a new front door. House is about 20 years old, typical modern estate type design with red/orange bricks.

Door will have a sidelight to right handside like the second photo. I'm leaning towards black, grey or dark blue. Not sure on glass design on 3rd style as would prefer something plainer.

Opinions on these styles please smile

MillyMollyMama Thu 20-Mar-14 01:44:05

I really like they grey one. Would depend on the style of the house though. If it is mock Victorian, it should have a Victorian door, but grey looks smart.

shoom Thu 20-Mar-14 07:24:53

What do your neighbours have? Do most houses still have the original door?

MrsAlwaysRight Thu 20-Mar-14 09:42:25

Thanks for the replies.

It's just a typical modern estate style not mock Victorian or anything. Neighbours both sides have different style houses to ours with different colour bricks to us. Both of them have replacement UPVC doors, one of them is white and the other is blue.

I think most of the houses on our road have replaced the original doors mostly with UPVC but in a wide variety of colours and styles.

PigletJohn Thu 20-Mar-14 09:48:02

Well I'm glad you're not looking at PVC.

if you like the 3rd door, you should be able to get any sort of glass you want. It is easier to personalise wooden doors than composites. Look up "Richmond" door which is a similar style.

If you are having a sidelight, I recommend that you try to get one with a horizontal rail about half way down that you can have a letter slot in, and hinge the door on that side. If a slot is in the door or near the locks a housebreaker can operate handles or keys using a simple homemade tool.

MrsAlwaysRight Thu 20-Mar-14 11:08:03

Thanks PigletJohn smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now