I couldn't sell a house if I genuinely felt like that about it:

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41697088.html?premiumA=true

GemmaTeller Sat 15-Mar-14 15:55:52

Someone got a bit carried away grin

Love the house, esp the kitchen and back garden

comicsansisevil Sat 15-Mar-14 15:59:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NotJustACigar Sat 15-Mar-14 15:59:36

How lovely - made me instantly see the place as a home even though it's fairly beige inside. Sad, too, though, in a way. But it definitely makes the point that it would make a great family home.

ShatnersBassoon Sat 15-Mar-14 16:00:09

That's painful to read.

ShoeWhore Sat 15-Mar-14 16:01:41

Is this a new "thing" with estate agents? I saw another house description in that style earlier "from the moment she first saw x house she knew she was in love..." etc etc. It was totally OTT, especially as this other house actually wasn't anything special!

Catsmamma Sat 15-Mar-14 16:06:38

I don't like the house or the drivel reams of nonsense about the history.

It's pretty soulless for a home full of happy memories

Onesleeptillwembley Sat 15-Mar-14 16:28:42

I agree. For such a supposedly loved place there's nothing personal at all. And how much would removing that awful stone cost?

truelymadlysleepy Sat 15-Mar-14 16:36:14

Anyone tempted to write one themselves?
"Truely & her DH saw this property in 1995. It was in a terrible state of repair but they thought they could make a quick buck by doing a shoddy job and flogging it quickly. It served them right that all their cash went on their two DCs and they were unable to finish it for years."

MichaelFinnigan Sat 15-Mar-14 16:39:59

Jeeze just give me the room dimensions and tell me how much you want

Octopusinabunchofdaffodils Sat 15-Mar-14 17:33:49

I wondered if her parents had died and so she was selling it to raise capital.

GemmaTeller Sat 15-Mar-14 18:57:53

This is also a room that works well when we want to have adult time.
oh..errrr...too much information smile

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29368935.html

Now I'm going to have to read all the descriptions.......

GrendelsMum Sat 15-Mar-14 19:25:32

Excellent, Truly!

"the bathroom was the site of a major row between the current owners when the husband decided that it had been painted the wrong shade of white - after his wife had painted it without his help and to a paint colour chosen by him. FUrther bitterness was added to the row because this was the second time he had done this 'changing the paint colour midway' trick."

Octopusinabunchofdaffodils Sat 15-Mar-14 20:03:35

"I am a hi-fi buff and I have my speakers in there. I can play my music and it fills the whole house."

The neighbours will probably be celebrating when this house is sold!

hyperspacebug Sat 15-Mar-14 20:23:37

As Victorian house dweller, I'm so jealous of the amount of kitchen cupboard space!!!

Got bored with the story after 2 paragraphs and I'm impressed at you reading further to find funny bits. Now we're about to exchange on a house (who's been lived in by people for longer than my existence), I feel like sitting down with the vendor and let her tell story...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now