Advanced search

Do you need fire doors to get an HMO licence in Edinburgh?

(5 Posts)
SuperScrimper Fri 14-Mar-14 09:53:51

I'm really confused about the requirements to get an HMO in Edinburgh....some places say you need fire doors, extinguishers and fire blankets others do not.

Does anywhere have a definitive list of what is actually required to get the licence on a flat?


PigletJohn Fri 14-Mar-14 10:33:28

Try the Building Control Office at your local council.

Terms and organisation may differ as I am not in Scotland.

In E&W you would certainly need fire resistance, and lots more.

Crutchlow35 Fri 14-Mar-14 17:10:31

Google city of Edinburgh council HMO benchmark standards. It has the information in there. From memory you need fire doors on all doors except May be a bathroom or ensuite.

peggyundercrackers Fri 14-Mar-14 19:03:54

its all on the edinbrgh city council web site

SuperScrimper Fri 14-Mar-14 20:30:53

Thank you all! I couldn't see it for looking. There are a lot of requirements shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now