Talk

Advanced search

Touching up scuffed paint

(5 Posts)
Blankiefan Wed 12-Mar-14 20:53:51

We had our hall painted grey - using Crown's Grey Eglise (I don't know if it makes any difference but it was Trade paint - around September last year.

One of the walls has been scuffed and I have leftover paint so want to retouch it. Any tips? Do I have to do the whole wall or would I get away with a patch? Should I use a brush or roller? I want the easiest fix but not to have to do it twice (I have form for taking the FuckItThat'llDo approach....)

Any help much appreciated...

shoom Wed 12-Mar-14 21:05:48

Apply it with a brush to the scuff mark then use the roller gently over that area so the wall texture matches the existing paint (a paint brush gives a more flat result than a roller.) Rather than putting paint all over the roller (saturating a roller uses a lot of paint) you could use the brush to put some in the centre of the roller before using the roller to even out the texture. If it's a tiny inconspicuous area you could just use the brush to apply some paint to the scuff mark then tap the dryish brush to even out the texture.

shoom Wed 12-Mar-14 21:08:44

Have you tried gently wiping the mark? If you have the tin of paint you could check with the manufacturer how they advise you clean that specific type.

Blankiefan Wed 12-Mar-14 21:11:30

Thanks - I tried to clean it and made it worse.... It's in a very conspicuous location. I'm resigned to potentially having to paint the whole wall but will try to get away with a touch up first....

shoom Thu 13-Mar-14 13:37:10

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now