Talk

Advanced search

Relocating from Worcestershire to Bedfordshire

(2 Posts)
Lisa117 Tue 11-Mar-14 22:35:25

Hi all,

My husband has been offered a promotion last week, which is based in Bedford. We spent the weekend down in Bedfordshire having a look at where we'd like to live. I haven't got a job down there yet, but touch wood, my husband can secure me a job in the same company as his, if not, I will be a lady of leisure for a bit.

When we were down there, I must say, I was overly impressed with Bedford itself. We are looking to live with 30-45 minute drive away, and I we quite liked Milton Keynes. Nice to new houses, and just looked cleaner, and a nicer area.

I am pregnant, (2 months down the line - first baby!), but I don't think schools are an issue at the moment. We are planning on renting for the first 6 months and then see what to do next. We've budged best part of £1,000 a month in rent to comfortably live and still save.

I just wanted to know if theres anywhere you guys would recommend in Bedfordshire.

Thanks,

Lisa

CuddyMum Wed 12-Mar-14 17:47:00

Hi, I live in Harrold in Bedfordshire and love it. There are a mix of period and modern properties, pubs, shop, chippy, schools, Indian and good access to Bedford. Hope that helps. I work in Milton Keynes but would not choose to live there for a number of reasons (mainly schooling) plus I like living in a village. Any questions, feel free to ask. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now