Talk

Advanced search

How to find our what planning permissions/building regs there should be?

(3 Posts)
Madmog Mon 10-Mar-14 14:21:20

Is there any easy way of finding out what planning permissions and building regs there should be on a house.

We're hoping to buy a house which has had a single storey extension sometime on the back. There about three years ago was refurbished including new windows, front door, heating and electrics. The property was originally a bungalow but stairs and dormer windows were put in to allow two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs. I'm guessing that many of these points will need approval, but how to I find out what exactly would have been needed and if they got it.

LadyMaryLikesCake Mon 10-Mar-14 14:23:36

Your local council will have a list of planning permissions applied for (accepted and refused). It will be on their portal. I'm not sure about the building regs though so hopefully someone can help with that. I'm assuming the current vendors will have the info and certificates?

Madmog Mon 10-Mar-14 15:18:23

Thanks for your reply. Have just gone onto their portal and there are no planning applications at the property. You can't check on building regs. So I've sent the relevant departments an email explaining why I want to know and what they would generally require.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now