Talk

Advanced search

Dull dull: which size/shape white kitchen tiles please

(5 Posts)
LanaStraightLeg Mon 10-Mar-14 13:48:51

Please help, need to make a kitchen tile decision.

Grey slab kitchen units, v pale grey/blue walls, wood worktops. Am probably going for plain white tiles because we are probably not going to be here forever and figure that tiles are the hardest thing for future resident to change. Also need something light against all the grey!

Tiles will only be approx 20cm above worktop because there are two windows to take into account.

Was thinking brick tiles (10 cm high so only two rows) with white grouting but worried about scrubbing bits of food of grouting.

So then was looking at larger tiles eg 20 cm high by 25ish or even 50 cm long so hardly any grouting at all - but are they going to be v boring?

Plus quite taken with these (lots of grouting!) - might date less quickly than my grey kitchen and metro tiles?!

Also quite like these - but too bathroomy/PITA to clean?

Thanks!

truelymadlysleepy Mon 10-Mar-14 13:52:44

A friend has some lovely white metro tiles that are not uniform, I'll try and find a link. They are gorgeous.

truelymadlysleepy Mon 10-Mar-14 13:59:44

www.toppstiles.co.uk/tprod40508/section1320/Chic-Craquele-White.html like these but all white. I think they look stylish but simple

strongandlong Mon 10-Mar-14 14:57:15

Ooh I love the random width mosaic. Expensive though!

I'm not too keen on the patterned ones - look a bit fiddly to clean.

LanaStraightLeg Mon 10-Mar-14 22:03:41

Thanks truely, I did grab a sample for these at Homebase which look similar but I didn't like the way the finished wall was uneven.

DH has voted for random width mosaics, which I think are my favourites also ... Haven't mentioned to him that they're quite a lot more than metro/bricks ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now