Talk

Advanced search

Do you light your garden?

(9 Posts)
truelymadlysleepy Mon 10-Mar-14 13:37:31

I have a romantic idea of sitting on the terrace into the night drinking wine watching the sunset. But not in the dark.
Google brings me all sorts of odd things and I wonder if there's a simple solution?

OnePlanOnHouzz Mon 10-Mar-14 14:41:14

Soft white fairy lights ! Works for me !

truelymadlysleepy Mon 10-Mar-14 17:29:22

Do they offer enough light to eat by Oneplan?

Sunnyshores Tue 11-Mar-14 14:14:18

Just incase you get seduced by solar lighting, I've brought loads of the chrome lights (on a chrome pole type thing), from £1.99 at Wilko to £19.99 at John Lewis, none have lasted over a year.

truelymadlysleepy Tue 11-Mar-14 17:07:26

Hah, sunny I have been looking at these, glad you said. thank you.
www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-bahia-outdoor-stake-lights-pack-of-2/p717493

Mrswellyboot Tue 11-Mar-14 19:59:48

B&M stores have a white solar powered centrepiece I have my eye on. Also thinking of getting a chimnea for a bit of warmth and cosiness

Sunnyshores Wed 12-Mar-14 14:22:01

trulymadlysleepy - yep those are the ones! I do leave them out all year round, perhaps I shouldnt have.

enriquethewelshgoldringbearing Wed 12-Mar-14 18:48:29

My solar lights give up the ghost quite quickly.
We had wiring put in, but to be perfectly honest it goes cool and gets dark here down south sooner than it did up north, so we don't go out that much in the evenings, we tend to sit in with the doors open and avoid the insects.

Oh and something chewed through one of the wires and we had to have it redone.

When it's lit up though it does look nice.
For eating I would tend to use a lot of candles and plenty of them with the citronella perfume.

truelymadlysleepy Wed 12-Mar-14 19:08:04

Thanks for the comments. It's true that there a few evenings when it's really warm enough to sit out, sadly.
I think we'll have one light on the wall by the table and do the citronella candle thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now