Talk

Advanced search

Bifold doors

(5 Posts)
nutterbutsquash Sun 09-Mar-14 22:07:00

We are looking to replace a back door with some bigger doors as part of a kitchen remodelling. Have been in a few places and love the look of the Origin Easifold bifold doors for following reasons:

- safe for little fingers
- secure
- low threshold
- normal 'back door' ie don't have to open all 3 leaves to get out.
- includes installation
- aluminium

However, it's looking like about £3.5k for the 2.4m opening which seems a lot! Wondering if anyone can recommend a cheaper alternative. I think the 8 foot opening we will have is pretty standard so wondering if there are off the shelf ones that people can recommend.

Many thanks

nutterbutsquash Mon 10-Mar-14 20:56:26

Anyone? smile

MummytoMog Mon 10-Mar-14 21:33:08

We have a set of 2.4m engineered softwood doors, they were £1400 and a few hundred to fit. Got them at vibrant doors, ten year guarantee, not as beautiful as aluminium but I love them and they do everything you want (apart from being aluminium of course). And are cheap.

MrsHerculePoirot Mon 10-Mar-14 21:36:07

We went with a company called kloeber who install them too. Ours were custom made to fit our opening, but I know they do ready made sizes too. They also had the safety for fingers and ability to open just the one door as a back door. Might be worth getting a quote to compare?

nutterbutsquash Mon 10-Mar-14 23:01:09

Ah that's great, thank you, will go and check out Vibrant and Kloeber now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now