Talk

Advanced search

anyone done a DIY course?

(6 Posts)
stuckindamiddle Sun 09-Mar-14 12:46:22

Am keen to do something, aimed at amateurs and ideally women friendly.
Could commit a weekend tops.
Would like to learn basics of painting and stuff like how to change washer on dripping tap, adjust a sticking door, drilling to fix shelves and blinds and to hang pictures etc.
Thanks!

ElleDubloo Tue 11-Mar-14 15:10:44

Have you tried your local community college? Prices are much more reasonable than the commercial courses. They don't tend to appear on Google searches.

Toastqueen Tue 11-Mar-14 23:43:49

B&Q run classes free or at very low cost check your local one unfortunately not all stores do mine did but stopped :-(

crazybutterflylady Wed 12-Mar-14 05:59:28

I was just coming on here to ask the very same thing, I can't seem to find anything. Did you find a course OP?

MrsJohnDeere Wed 12-Mar-14 07:49:52

I would love to do something like this.

stuckindamiddle Wed 12-Mar-14 09:22:22

Thanks for the replies. I'll check B and Q. Nothing at my local community college unfortunately.

When I lived in the south east a few years ago I found a place that did what looked like a great women's DIY course, based near Gatwick I think? I never got round to doing OT and as we've since moved west, that's too far for me to travel now unfortunately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now