Talk

Advanced search

Fake flagstones for kitchen?

(5 Posts)
bigbutsrus1 Sat 08-Mar-14 08:41:50

Can anyone recommend tiles for my new kitchen extension? Love the look of natural stone flags, where they are different shapes iyswim! .....but have decided real stone is too expensive and worry about sealing it. Originally I wanted wood but the way my DH sloshes water about that's a no no, laminate? Leaks or water on it could be a problem as in kitchen? So back to ceramic. Thought someone would make flagstone effect tiles...but can't find what I want online, any ideas? Thanks!

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 09-Mar-14 07:09:28

have you considered Karndean or Amtico ? they do some fab designs - from faux stone and tile effect to wood look ?! very hard wearing and spill proof !

truelymadlysleepy Sun 09-Mar-14 08:36:07

I've been looking at limestone kitchen floors. There are porcelain tiles that are a very good match. They don't seem much cheaper but of course there's no upkeep once they're down.

peggyundercrackers Sun 09-Mar-14 08:37:32

im surprised you cant find flagstones as there are loads of tile shops sell tiles which are very enar to what a flagstone looks like albeit their shape is quite uniform - real stone is easy to seal, you brush the sealer on and leave it to dry and thats it, you might need to do it once a year though.

i would have thought solid wood would be fine even if there is water about as its been treated. the problem with wood is it wears though and after 5 years or so of heavy use will need retreated. i would agree with oneplan - amtiko/karndean or any other material like it would be ideal. - stay away from laminate, its horrible stuff.

99redbafoons Sun 09-Mar-14 08:37:50

We have a laminate from Howdens which looks like flagstones, it's very hard wearing and we always get compliments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now