Talk

Advanced search

Multi Fuel burner - decorating the walls around it

(8 Posts)
suestew123 Sat 08-Mar-14 08:05:39

Hi all, we have just had a fuel burner fitted and our room is painted cream. The guy that fitted it says it looks really nice if you paint a darker colour behind it which makes it really pop out. I cannot find any photo's online to view and wonder if any of you have done anything like this? Any photo's would be great, thanks

Madcats Sat 08-Mar-14 09:52:03

Take a look at Farrow and Ball masonry paints. The dark colours are really deep and matt.

My wood burner is in an old Georgian kitchen (range-sized) fireplace. It is just bare brick and stone slabs (too grotty to show unpainted). We painted them in Off Black, which is a lovely contrast to the sandstone fireplace. I think we painted it about 12 years ago (just brush it down/wipe it). I keep meaning to try out blue black (which looks fab in gloss on a townhouse front door and great in Matt on French windows leading out into a courtyard).

suestew123 Sat 08-Mar-14 17:29:30

thanks Madcats. ours is boarded out all round so we can use any paint I expect, but I do like F&B.

OnePlanOnHouzz Sat 08-Mar-14 23:07:36

what colour is the burner ?! is it cream ?! darker colours will look good with a lighter fire - but might not 'pop' with a darker coloured fire - ie brown/emerald green or black fires - burgandy works with black fires ! and burnt orange - but can't say I've ever seen a dark fire with dark paint behind that popped !

SwedishEdith Sat 08-Mar-14 23:20:41

I remember seeing one on 'May the best house win' blush that was painted a dark teal/peacock blue behind. Thought it looked great.

suestew123 Sun 09-Mar-14 07:17:06

Hi the burner is black, our walls are a light cream so was thinking a not too dark mushroom colour but am open to suggestions on colours, our sofa is leather chocolate brown & I am thinking of blue around windows.
I like the sound of teal smile

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 09-Mar-14 07:21:30

mmmmm teal sounds lovely !!

Gatekeeper Sun 09-Mar-14 07:26:17

Ours is a sort of elephant's arse colour and hides the muck beautifully <should be writing for poncey house magazines really>

Pic in profile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now