Talk

Advanced search

Know a good architect in London for an extension?

(7 Posts)
Willow33 Fri 07-Mar-14 22:45:40

Can anyone recommend a gd architect / technician to help with an extension in London?

Willow33 Sat 08-Mar-14 18:53:06

bump

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 09-Mar-14 07:23:53

if your neighbours have had similar extensions to what you are after - it's worth asking them maybe ?! good luck in your quest !

beginnings Sun 09-Mar-14 07:28:59

Where are you OP?

Willow33 Sun 09-Mar-14 16:03:45

we are in N London. Neighbours had them done but all a v long time ago.

Katnipp Sun 09-Mar-14 18:52:34

We've jut submitted application for planning permission and so far are happy with our architect. Based in walthemstow but think they cover wider area. Let me know if you want the name.

I searched the RIBA for architects in my borough and the surrounding boroughs. Checked websites as that narrows down the list (either didn't like the look of the work or the site was very poor) and then asked for quotes. Had to discount a couple as they wanted to charge a fee just to meet. I work in a professional services role and would never pay someone to come and tell me if they can help, why I should use them and provide a rough quote.

We asked for references as well. So although not gone with someone recommended to us we were happy with choice.

Catrin Sun 09-Mar-14 19:59:05

I would recommend this one:
www.archicraft.co.uk

He is based in E18

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now