Talk

Advanced search

What's important to you when thinking of new kitchen? Where do you start?

(4 Posts)
Middleagedmum50 Fri 07-Mar-14 14:46:39

Just putting a few feelers out for a friend who is thinking of setting up new kitchen business. Apart from price and quality, what else is important to you? How important is social media? Where is the first place you start looking? Any advice/comments very welcome. Thanks!

Drquin Fri 07-Mar-14 15:01:49

I'm thinking of a new kitchen now - so here's my thoughts ...

- would look in established / actual showrooms! Might not always buy from there, but like to see quality of brands, how colours / styles match and gadget-stuff!
- extent of the service. Is it just kitchen installation? Can he do gas or electrical work? Do I need to hire the gasman or will your friend manage to whole shebang? Will he do basic decorating, plastering or again do I need to get someone else in?
- what suppliers will be used, or can I / we use any combination? E.g. Different suppliers for work tops and units rather than all from B&q or howdens.

Social media - probably good for him to have a presence, and show off references and photos of work, but I wouldn't prioritise the prescence itself (as a customer) over price, quality, word-of-mouths reference etc.

OnePlanOnHouzz Fri 07-Mar-14 16:39:47

I think your friend needs to get the trade press and find a supplier that suits a gap in the market locally - if they want a ready made business - maybe look at buying an Intoto or Alno franchise - as they have the support and established name which I think they will find is a bonus to a new business - they also help with marketing !
They will need to either hire in a talented designer and installation manager if they are not one or the other of these already.
It's not for the faint hearted - it's complex -requires great organisational skills and people skills - but it's very rewarding when you can stand back and say 'I did that !' Best of luck !!!

Middleagedmum50 Mon 17-Mar-14 20:02:06

Thanks for your comments, I will pass them on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now