Talk

Advanced search

What colour bathroom walls?

(12 Posts)
Gryffindor Thu 06-Mar-14 17:21:01

Hello everyone

Looking for advice on what colour to paint my new bathroom please. It's in the loft and has a big window so quite bright.

I have put in quite dark grey extra large subway tiles in the shower, white sink and toilet.

I have a bin tin of F&B Orangery in the shed, and for a while thought about using that, but it's a bold choice and I've chickened out!

Any suggestions? Otherwise I'll probably stick with white! grin

OnePlanOnHouzz Thu 06-Mar-14 17:40:30

go for it !! it's only paint !! and if you really don't like it - simply paint over it !! for what it's worth - I think it will look fab !!

BrownSauceSandwich Thu 06-Mar-14 19:07:57

Oh no! Please don't give up on orangery! It's such a sunny colour, and with your monochrome fixtures you can afford that blast of colour. And if you can't bear it, like oneplan says, it's easy to fix.

MillyMollyMama Thu 06-Mar-14 19:26:35

I cannot imagine anything worse! Why give yourself extra work because you will not like it!!! Paint it Pointing or Cornforth White both F and B and add orange towels. These colours would be relaxing and serene and you won't be repainting over a very difficult colour.

Gryffindor Thu 06-Mar-14 20:26:02

Oh such polarised views! I don't like the thought of wasting the Orangery, and it does look lovely in some test patches I have painted. But I think the whole room might be a bit OTT.

Any thoughts on painting one wall in it?

KarenBrockman Thu 06-Mar-14 20:28:01

I think one wall orange sounds like a very good idea.

OnePlanOnHouzz Fri 07-Mar-14 08:04:08

start with one ... send me a photo and I will magically paint the other walls on the photo and you can make an informed choice then ! or if you already have a tester on the walls send me a pic with the tester patch showed ! my email is on Houzz or possibly on my profile page here ?( maybe ?! - not sure !)

Lottie4 Fri 07-Mar-14 09:35:32

If you like the thought of an orange tone, why not try painting part of a wall - perhaps one without much light on it - it won't take long and see how you feel about it for a few days.

cavell Fri 07-Mar-14 11:20:27

I think it sounds quite good. Start with one wall and take it from there. The beauty of paint is that it is (fairly) easily changed. I'd be a lot more cautious about choosing, say, orange tiles,

MillyMollyMama Fri 07-Mar-14 13:51:51

You bought the orange paint for another room or use didn't you. It does not make sense to use it somewhere completely different just because it is in the shed. Paint the inside of the shed with it!

Gryffindor Sat 08-Mar-14 13:53:35

It was overflow paint from a friend's house. She gave me about 15 large tins of F&B (all different colours) - lucky me!

Really like the idea of doing one wall and taking it from there, thank you!

oldnewmummy Sat 08-Mar-14 14:30:52

I've googled the colour and think it would look great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now