Talk

Advanced search

Kitchens - anyone bought Martin Moore, Roundhouse or Poggenpohl?

(11 Posts)
goodwood Wed 05-Mar-14 16:52:05

Would you recommend or avoid buying from one of these companies? Is it worth paying me for one of these kitchens in terms of quality and has yours lasted? Thank you!

JohnnyUtah Wed 05-Mar-14 16:55:04

My Martin Moore kitchen is twenty years old and has had various incarnations - changed paint, handles, worktops, floors, appliances. It is amazing and I love it. Fantastic quality, fantastic workmen. Really really expensive but worth it.

kmdesign Wed 05-Mar-14 19:57:36

Martin Moore and Roundhouse are very good but very expensive. If you like the European Poggenpohl look, there are less expensive but equally good alternatives available.

EarlGreyCuppa Thu 06-Mar-14 09:47:56

kmdesign a hint please? Of good but less expensive alternatives...? We are looking at new kitchens atm. TIA.

pootlebug Thu 06-Mar-14 12:26:50

I loved the look of Poggenpohl / Bulthaup and ended up with a kitchen from Higham. It's still really excellent build quality, but significantly cheaper. Ours is Corian worktops and door/drawer fronts, but they do lots of wood stuff too.

www.higham.co.uk

wonkylegs Thu 06-Mar-14 13:12:07

My MIL has just replaced a 25yo poggenpohl kitchen. It had lasted very well and was only replaced because it looked rather '80's' and she wanted to change the layout.

ladydepp Thu 06-Mar-14 13:21:35

We have a Martin Moore kitchen. Great quality, we love it. Hoping it lasts for ages but we've had it just 2 years so can't comment on longevity yet. Good service too.

BIL has v nice and v modern white Bulthaup kitchen.

MaryShelley Thu 06-Mar-14 18:31:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kmdesign Thu 06-Mar-14 22:01:21

EarlGreyCuppa - Leicht or Siematic will give you Poggenpohl or better quality for less.

goodwood Fri 07-Mar-14 10:37:09

Thanks for the comments and recommendations - will check them all out.

MillyMollyMama Fri 07-Mar-14 15:57:27

We used Cotteswood. Cheaper than Martin Moore but we love our kitchen. Excellent service too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now