Advanced search

Structural engineer recommendation in SW London?

(5 Posts)
thesaurusgirl Wed 05-Mar-14 14:14:20

My flat is the top floor of a converted house and I want to do a loft conversion to add a bedroom and bathroom.

First job is just to find out if it can be done. Downstairs say yes, but my building survey said, "There is evidence of movement but this is not thought to be progressive." Obviously I don't want my neighbours to see their flat crumble, and I certainly don't want them to sue me, so I need a structural engineer to calculate the loading.

I phoned one recommended by my friend and he basically just dismissed me because the project is such a small one hmm.

So, does anyone know one they can recommend? Please PM if so!

cestlavielife Wed 05-Mar-14 14:37:05

i got a good recomendation via my local

thesaurusgirl Wed 05-Mar-14 14:48:41

Thank you, Life, will take a look.

cooper44 Wed 05-Mar-14 21:02:37

I've used Steve Burr (SBD consultants Wandsworth) and he was very good. Found him via the surveyor.

thesaurusgirl Wed 05-Mar-14 21:09:26

I knew you'd come to my rescue Cooper! thanks. You do know everyone in SW London construction, are you sure you're not the Beeny?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: