Talk

Advanced search

Any used handmadekitchen.co.uk ?

(8 Posts)
lemonfolly Wed 05-Mar-14 12:13:40

Hello,

I'm looking for a Tom Howley esq kitchen, but without the price tag smile Has anyone used www.handmadekitchen.co.uk/ is Essex?

Or anyone have recommendations for a similar kitchen company? I'm in Surrey but willing travel perhaps 100 miles. I don't want to buy an off the shelf kitchen, as there are 3 areas I need something bespoke - (height of tall units, one odd cupboard for utility water tank & an end island drawer unit.)

Many thanks smile

OnePlanOnHouzz Thu 06-Mar-14 08:49:58

Some people on MN have used the company in Christchurch handmadekitchensdirect that seems to offer quite a good looking bunch of kitchens delivered all over mainland UK - they don't design though ( anyone know a good freelance designer, erm well there's me ?!) also if you want bespoke items there's Jali in Kent - but they are more one off pieces rather than total kitchens though! But might be just what you need if you only need the odd bit bespoke ?!

LondonGirl83 Thu 06-Mar-14 08:55:25

I am using that company at the moment. Kitchen is due to be delivered today so will let you know how we get on...

OnePlanOnHouzz Thu 06-Mar-14 09:08:59

Exciting times !

lemonfolly Thu 06-Mar-14 10:11:49

That's really exciting Londongirl83. What style/colour have you gone for? I'd be so interested to hear your views & see pics if that's not too cheeky lol. Thank you!

Thanks for the tip 'OnePlanonHouzz' - I think I read somewhere someone complain that there were quality issues with handmadekitchens-direct.co.uk - cupboard gaps being wildly off etc. Have you worked with them before?

OnePlanOnHouzz Thu 06-Mar-14 17:37:07

hi Lemonfolly - no - I've not worked for them - they don't think CAD is adaptable enough to suit their product ( which is utter hogwash- it's fine if you know how to use CAD properly!) -but have drawn for clients who have bought from them - not heard anything negative ?!?

LondonGirl83 Thu 06-Mar-14 23:30:24

Sure no problem-- it won't be installed for a few weeks as my builder hasn't built the false wall in our kitchen yet...

lemonfolly Mon 10-Mar-14 21:46:13

Thanks both.

londongirl did your kitchen arrive and are are you pleased with it before install?

oneplan is the anyone else you'd recommend? I found the negative comments on mumsnet looking back! Nothing major, so I'm off to see them next week for myself.

I have since found a company called Russell and Hutton in Sheffield. Has anyone used them or know anything about them? Interested where they come in terms of price and quality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now