Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Microwaves - interior paint peeling

(5 Posts)
LiveInABox Tue 04-Mar-14 19:26:31

I am on my third microwave in about the last 8 years. Every time after a few years of normal use, the interior paint begins to bubble and then peel. My first was a very cheap supermarket one, but I've since tried a Russell Hobbs and a Samsung and both ended up with the same problem. I only ever clean with a damp cloth/fairy liquid.

Am I doing something wrong? Are there any microwaves out there that don't suffer with this, or better still aren't painted inside?

PigletJohn Tue 04-Mar-14 19:42:49

combi microwaves usually have stainless steel linings.

I thought other microwaves had hard plastic linings, not painted, but have never scraped one.

Could it be rust resulting from steam?

Clargo55 Wed 05-Mar-14 17:31:44

Never has this problem and mines a cheap Breville. Do you leave the microwave door open after use? To let the steam out.

WowOoo Wed 05-Mar-14 17:44:07

They happen to mine. It's from all the steam. I wipe the steam away after most uses and I still get it.

Mine's a mid range that I had high hopes for.

BrownSauceSandwich Wed 05-Mar-14 21:52:21

Like clargo, we leave the door open for a bit (actually, most of the time) after use to clear the steam (and any strong smells). The old one bobbled after about 8 years use. The "new" one is about 7 years old (panasonic) and no problems so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now