Talk

Advanced search

Paint colours

(5 Posts)
birdybirdy21 Tue 04-Mar-14 16:06:38

I am thinking about painting my lounge this weekend. It got quite a brown theme at the moment. Brown carpet, sofa and curtains. Can't afford to replace any at the moment so need paint colours to compliment this. Was thinking about painting the "main wall" a different colour to the rest. It's a reasonably sunny south facing room. Not massive probably 12ft x 10ft.

MillyMollyMama Tue 04-Mar-14 16:22:50

Personally I think one wall a different colour is rather dated and does not work well in a small room as the one wall will feel closer to you. I would look for a warm off white colour, eg Pointing by Farrow and Ball. There are very many cheaper options of course. You could maybe get some lighter coloured cushions to lighten the brown. Also mirrors will reflect light.

minipie Tue 04-Mar-14 16:27:35

Colours that go well with brown IMO:

- red (most reds)
- fresh green (especially if the brown is a light, oak colour brown)
- bluey greens/greeny blues eg teal, duck egg blue
- creams
- gold (don't suggest gold walls though grin)

whereisshe Tue 04-Mar-14 16:32:46

Duck egg blue. There are about a million colour options for nice duck egg blues on this thread. Or eau de nil, if you can find one that's not too brown. I wouldn't go too n

whereisshe Tue 04-Mar-14 16:34:53

Oops posted too soon! Was going to say I wouldn't go too nuts with the colour if you want to update the brown stuff eventually.

And I meant not too green re the eau de nil. Obviously. Baby brain [sigh]..,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now