Talk

Advanced search

Shutters - half height downstairs, full height upstairs

(3 Posts)
Remmy123 Tue 04-Mar-14 11:52:42

Hi All

We have a semi-detached Victorian house which comprises of one bay-window downstairs at the front, and one window on top of that (the bedroom) � downstairs in the bay window we have got half shutters as we also have curtains.

Upstairs we were going to go with half shutters and keep the curtains. But, we ideally want to get rid of the bedroom curtains and have full height shutters.

So, my question is, can you have half height shutters downstairs, and full height upstairs without it looking unbalanced??

I really want the privacy of full height as our road is quite busy, plus the curtains are looking quite old and i do not want to pay to replace them

Thank you

oscarwilde Tue 04-Mar-14 15:31:34

My neighbours have done this and it looks fine. We did full height but split half way (so four shutters per window) and often fold back the top level completely. I'm glad we did full height on the bottom though as it gives an extra level of privacy if we are away, or have lights on in the evening but it's still not dark enough to draw the curtains.

Remmy123 Tue 04-Mar-14 16:38:48

thanks for your reply - we wont be able to fold back to top level - i did suggest that too him - but he said it would make the middle bit so thick on the window (the part dividing top and bottom) in proportion with our window size..

Think i will go with full - thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now