Talk

Advanced search

How do I get buyers moving faster?

(7 Posts)
cupcake78 Mon 03-Mar-14 19:42:36

It's been going on for weeks now. Were mortgage approved, surveys done and ready to go. Were 8 weeks in and no talking of dates yet. We've agreed on 10k under asking price. Our new house is chain free.

Our buyers are messing about. First they were investment buyers, cash. Then they needed a mortgage. Now they're cash buyers but wanting a full structural survey not just a homebuyers report (our house is only 20yrs old and no reason to ask for this). It's getting stupid.

My solicitor is going to get onto them tomorrow and put pressure on them. Agents know we're not amused. I suspect once survey is in they will contest every possible issue.

I do now want sale to fall through but I am very tempted to instruct our agents to put house back on the market and if buyers come back with a reduced offer to tell them to go and jump.

How do I do this?! I want to be moved and fast.

cupcake78 Mon 03-Mar-14 20:19:57

*not want sale to fall through!

breatheslowly Mon 03-Mar-14 20:33:15

I'd put the house back on the market to give you more options.

cupcake78 Mon 03-Mar-14 20:36:25

I am very tempted. I've refused a sold sign and am considering having the 'under offer' removed from rightmove.

Lweji Mon 03-Mar-14 20:38:45

Tell them you want it completed by X date or it will go back on the market and the first to complete will get the house.

specialsubject Mon 03-Mar-14 21:34:28

seconded - set an ultimatum. Either they are serious and will stop messing you about, or not, in which case you need a new buyer!

brokenshoes Mon 03-Mar-14 21:47:59

Give them an ultimatum -exchange by a certain date or you'll go back on the market.

Don't want to scare you, but our first buyer pulled out after 3 months after suddenly deciding she wanted a full structural survey and tried knocking the price down by more than we were prepared to accept in a fast rising market. Got buyer no.2 very quickly, but she dithered and after a further 2 months or so we had to give her an ultimatum as we only had 12 weeks left on our mortgage offer. Unfortunately she decided to pull out, but by giving the ultimatum when we did gave ourselves time to find a new buyer.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: