Talk

Advanced search

How do you say Thank you for the quotation but...

(7 Posts)
GillTheGiraffe Mon 03-Mar-14 19:05:01

... (I will be using a different contractor).

Very politely.

I've received quotations via email and some have asked if I have received theiir email and do I want them to do the work?

Sunnyshores Mon 03-Mar-14 19:20:09

Just be honest, its only polite to thank them as coming to quote has cost them time and money (and I bet there were others that didnt even bother to turn up!). Thank them for their time and say you've chosen another contractor, because they were cheaper, could start sooner, suggested something different, had done your neighbours ..... whatever.

Sunnyshores Mon 03-Mar-14 19:23:55

Just be honest, its only polite to thank them as coming to quote has cost them time and money (and I bet there were others that didnt even bother to turn up!). Thank them for their time and say you've chosen another contractor, because they were cheaper, could start sooner, suggested something different, had done your neighbours .....

ShimmeringInTheSun Mon 03-Mar-14 19:24:20

'Yes I have received your email, and thank you for your quote, it is much appreciated.However I will not be requiring your ( building/joinery/etc) services at this time.
Thank you.

Regards,

Gill the Giraffe.

^
Op - This is all you need to say. You do not have to give any reasons or explain yourself in any way as to why you are not using their services.

MrsJamin Mon 03-Mar-14 19:59:34

I think it's kind to give them a reason, otherwise they will wonder how it wasn't accepted. Also they might want an opportunity to still get the work if it's something they can change eg the price.

GillTheGiraffe Mon 03-Mar-14 23:41:44

Thank you. I did give a reason. Not a nice thing to have to do. sad

OnePlanOnHouzz Tue 04-Mar-14 07:18:31

it's good to know that the choice has been made - sometimes a potential client can leave you dangling ! When you need to organise your work schedules etc - it's better to know ! even if it means finding out you didn't get the job ! if you didn't choose them for a specific reason - and you want to give them a chance to rectify that in the future - it's a good thing to let them know the real reason too !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now